Engagment ring - HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engagment ring - HELP!!

My SO, has asked me to find out my ring size (eeeeeep) and his also asked me to browse for something i like.

Now i'm not a girl to make a big fuss and i certainly don't like having loads of money spent on me.

Besides he works hard for his money and i don't want him spending loads on a engagment ring!

Can anyone help on websites and stuff? His from the USA. so maybe american websites?
    Cheap but cute little diamond engagment rings?

Please Help! 80 days till my visit .. WHO KNOWS!!!!

I personally would just give him my ring size and then the basics of what I like so that he can choose something himself. Like, yellow gold or white gold, platinum or silver. Also, what sort of cut I like. If I want a solitaire or more stones. Diamond or some other stone. But, that's up to you. Sites you could try that I know of are....

jared.com
    tiffany.com
    www.kay.com
    www.debeers.com
    www.zales.com
    Last edited by kayla_622; March 30, 2013, 08:58 AM.

Met Online: 02/2012
    Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
    First Met in person: 09/22/2012
    Started Dating: 10/30/2012
    Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

Some American Jewellers: Zales, Rogers and Hollands, Kay Jewelers, J.Fosters... < they all have websites to look on. I fell in love with one on the Rogers and Hollands "Build your own Ring" option on their website- they have some nice options and you can tailor it to your budget without a salesperson breathing down your neck lol

and for solely online BlueNile.com has some lovely simple settings. I think brilliantearth.com has a nice selection too

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

just tell him what you like my so knows i love silver more then gold and like amethyst more then diamonds ;D
        an engament ring doesnt have to be gold just tell what you like! good luck!!

Comment

My SO and I have discussed this and we basically agreed that because the engagement ring is more of a temporary thing, it really doesn't matter what it's made of, as long as it still looks nice. I've given him my ring size and preferences and we've looked at rings together many times, so he knows what kind of things I like.

Recently my SO bought me a ring (image linked, he picked it out!) for less than $15 from ebay (CZ, sterling silver, doesn't react with my skin yay) and I think it's absolutely stunning. I'd definitely accept it as an engagement ring if he were to propose with it.
          Last edited by kittyo9; March 30, 2013, 09:29 AM.
          Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
          Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
          Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
            My SO and I have discussed this and we basically agreed that because the engagement ring is more of a temporary thing, it really doesn't matter what it's made of, as long as it still looks nice. I've given him my ring size and preferences and we've looked at rings together many times, so he knows what kind of things I like.

Recently my SO bought me a ring (image linked, he picked it out!) for less than $15 from ebay (CZ, sterling silver, doesn't react with my skin yay) and I think it's absolutely stunning. I'd definitely accept it as an engagement ring if he were to propose with it.

Thats stunning! i really like that .. he wants idead so i can only think to send him numerous websites with the rings i like on! i like the simple stuff like a little princess cutt ring. seeing some nice decent ones for $100 like i said i dont want a lot of money spent on a ring!

Comment

Verragio is my FAVORITE. Their rings are the best.

https://www.verragio.com/

Comment

If you want cheap but pretty rings... Try here- https://www.limogesjewelry.com/ ...it's where my love and I found my full set till we can get real diamonds for me! My full set was $30... https://www.limogesjewelry.com/custo...productid=6229 <--- right there! Good luck!

Comment

My fiance bought my engagement ring from Littman Jewelers. He had a great experience with them.

https://www.littmanjewelers.com/

My promise ring is from Limoges Jewelers which was suggested by somebodysangel_88. It was very inexpensive ($60 I believe) and I love it. I don't really wear it anymore since I have my engagement ring now but I would recommend them if you are on a budget.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                  Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                  Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                  Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                  Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by somebodysangel_88 View Post
                    If you want cheap but pretty rings... Try here- https://www.limogesjewelry.com/ ...it's where my love and I found my full set till we can get real diamonds for me! My full set was $30... https://www.limogesjewelry.com/custo...productid=6229 <--- right there! Good luck!
                    You were just the lady I was looking for and hoping you'd comment. I saw your beautiful set a few weeks back on a post and I visited he sight and loved the rings I just couldn't remember it. Thank you sooooo much. I've already seen a few I like

Comment

Originally posted by Louise_B View Post
                      You were just the lady I was looking for and hoping you'd comment. I saw your beautiful set a few weeks back on a post and I visited he sight and loved the rings I just couldn't remember it. Thank you sooooo much. I've already seen a few I like
                      No problem! I'm glad I could help! My mom's gotten a mother's necklace​ and other pieces from there that we really like! You are so very welcome!

Comment

Working...
                      X