Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with a poem(ish) thing

Howdy all!

So I'm trying to plan my proposal a bit more specifically at the moment. I'm currently deciding on what to do for the slides in the viewmaster. (for context/theplan see https://members.lovingfromadistance....Plan!-Opinions )

I get seven slides, each with a picture and a line of text. This is what I'm thinking at the moment.

1. "From the first day we met" - picture of the exact spot we first got together
    2. "You've been perfect, you see" - picture of the beach we went on our first date too. we drew our names in the sand and she put a little <3 between them so I was going to do the same thing and take a photo of it
    3. "You're so gorgeous and kind" - botanic gardens nearby, photo of a picnic rug with a hamper on it, this was our second date
    4. "I was in love by date three" - this little stone hut in a park nearby where we had our third date
    5. "So now it is time" - still deciding on a photo for this one
    6. "And I hope you agree" - and this one
    7. "*her full name*" - a photo of me on the beach in the spot we'll be when she gets the viewmaster on one knee with the ring

Any feedback on the poem or in general would be great. Be as picky as you like. I want this to be perfect.

awww maaann....*swoons*...i think it's lovely. not too over the top, but still nice and romantic

Comment

aaaaaaahhhwww!

nothing more to say, just ahw, she must love it! You have to keep us posted

Comment

Come on guys! It can't be perfect... this is my first run at it! Criticise!

Originally posted by charly View Post
        You have to keep us posted
        I definitely will! I'm trying to work out a way to unobtrusively have someone get photos of the day without giving it all away so if I can manage that I'll post them here.

Gah! Too excited! Counting down the days.

Comment

So I saw and replied to your last post and now I'm following your whole story like a favorite television show.... this is gonna be like the best proposal ever, and you should totally record it on video. <3

Comment

Oh, and as a poet myself - yes, it really is perfect!

Comment

That's so sweet of you to make.
              I always love looking at the Long Distance videos that couples make and post on Youtube.
              They're so adorable.

Comment

Working...
              X