Wedding presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
    Kind of...here are two pictures that my dad took of some of the fabric that I was given.
    I have two of the same panel, actually, but I only hung the one up. My FFIL went to Tanzania for about 2 weeks before Nix & I got engaged (he knew Nix's plan....) and gave me the panels when we saw his family that evening. He told me that it's tradition for the women in Tanzania to wear them as skirts or head wraps, and they all have specific meanings, depending on what's written on them. I thought it was fascinating. I realize Mali & Tanzania aren't exactly close at all, but, I figured I'd ask.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

A lot of family and friends have asked what presents they should bring so I ended up making a small registry. I also asked if people want to give money so we can buy a sofa, because we reaaaaally need one! I sit on the floor because ours (20 year old, inherited from the in-laws) hurts my back so bad! I was pretty set up before but I couldn't bring all my stuff over here obviously, and my SO was in full bachelor mode before I moved in so he doesn't have a lot of stuff. Honestly, it took 3 years for me to get a dining table and chairs. We ate on the floor before! I didn't want to register because we're moving states in a few months and I didn't want any more "stuff" but some of our guests wanted to give us presents or money so *shrugs*
      Last edited by nicole; May 27, 2013, 12:45 PM.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X