Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting married soon!!!

Aaaah! Finally!!

We closed the distance on May 26th when I moved from Puerto Rico to Italy to be with my soon-to-be husband.

It has been one interesting and stressing journey (paperwork-wise) but we are (FINALLY!!!) getting married on June 28th!

We are planning on something really small and simple...so simple that after wandering on and on around jewelry stores, we ended up ordering our (really beautiful!) titanium wedding bands online (that probably will get here a month after we are married but who cares? :P ) -anyone has them? any opinion on them??

The only thing I have to note about titanium bands is that they can't be resized.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
      The only thing I have to note about titanium bands is that they can't be resized.

I read about that as well...luckily, our seller is willing to make new ones if they don't fit properly. The only downside is having to wait again for them.

Comment

Yay! Congrats!

Expect them to feel heavy. I've got a Tungsten ring and its heavy!
        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

congrats!!! (titanium rings can be streched a little if needed but you need somebody who knows what he is doing)

Comment

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I wish I could input about the wedding bands, but sadly I have no experience. But really all he best in your soon-to-be marriage!!! Ahhhh!!!! <3

First met: June 2012
            Became Committed: June 04, 2012
            Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
            Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Congrats! How are you liking living in Italy?
              ~~~

Comment

Congrats

We've got Tungsten rings too, we won them through JVL online. Some places (like JVL) have a lifetime replacement warranty so you can size up or down if you need to. They will also make the band to any size you specify (mine is a 2.75 lol) and will make the band itself thinner too if you wish.
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by leonsfangirl View Post
                  Yay! Congrats!

Expect them to feel heavy. I've got a Tungsten ring and its heavy!
                  Thank you!! And thanks for the heads up. We really don't know what to expect out of them because we couldn't find someone over here that makes them. We will see!

Originally posted by dragonlady View Post
                  congrats!!! (titanium rings can be streched a little if needed but you need somebody who knows what he is doing)
                  Thank you!! I'll try to find someone around and keep him handy, just in case!

Originally posted by ams.201220 View Post
                  OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I wish I could input about the wedding bands, but sadly I have no experience. But really all he best in your soon-to-be marriage!!! Ahhhh!!!! <3
                  Thank you so much!!

Originally posted by Bluejay Belle View Post
                  Congrats! How are you liking living in Italy?
                  Thank you! So far, I'm loving it! It's such a different pace and way of living...but I love it! I've always loved Italy (for some unknown reason) so living here is like a dream come true! Granted, this is no paradise and jobs are difficult to find but for now, I'm just enjoying my new life....and the food! :P

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                  Congrats

We've got Tungsten rings too, we won them through JVL online. Some places (like JVL) have a lifetime replacement warranty so you can size up or down if you need to. They will also make the band to any size you specify (mine is a 2.75 lol) and will make the band itself thinner too if you wish.
                  Thank you! We were between Tungsten and Titanium but at the end, the Titanium ones, stole our hearts!

Comment

COngratulations

Comment

Did you order those of Etsy? It looks similar to one I saw before. We got my SO's titanium ring on Esty and he loves it. We went to a jewelry store and had them size him, while we pretended to be interested in buying a ring. Luckily we ordered the right size! It's super super light and he loves it.

Congrats! Those rings are very pretty

Comment

Originally posted by SeeRat View Post
                        COngratulations
                        Thank you!!

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                        Did you order those of Etsy? It looks similar to one I saw before. We got my SO's titanium ring on Esty and he loves it. We went to a jewelry store and had them size him, while we pretended to be interested in buying a ring. Luckily we ordered the right size! It's super super light and he loves it.

Congrats! Those rings are very pretty
                        Yes, those are from Etsy! We did the same to get our sizes...now, we have the long wait until they get here! How does the ring seems on durability? Is it easily scratched/dented?

Thank you! We absolutely loooved the color...and especially the name, New Beginning Blue! Sounds sooo appropriate!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by abc123 View Post
                            Congrats
                            Thank you!

Comment

That is so exciting! Congratulations and I hope you have many happy, healthy years ahead of you

Comment

Working...
                              X