Larger Engagement Rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larger Engagement Rings?

I'm really tall and big boned, as a result, my ring finger is a size 10-11! It really depends on the ring and if they make them smaller or bigger. I've been looking at engagement rings and most of the sizes run from a 6-9. They normally don't carry my size in stores so I need to get it resized or custom made, which costs more.

I don't mind, but there have been times where I got jewelry from family and didn't like how it looked on my hand. I would think it was beautiful on the website or in the store, but when on it doesn't sit flat or isn't flattering to my hand.

Also, when they resize the ring, the band is usually stretched to make it larger so it tends to break when worn on a daily basis. I have about three gold rings, and the band is broken on all of them because it was stretched so thin.

I've been looking into stores that carry bigger sizes, but they are slim to none. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really really appreciate it!

First met: June 2012
    Became Committed: June 04, 2012
    Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
    Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

He can have the ring made to fit your hand, you know, made from scratch. But really, it's not your problem, it's his!
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I found my engagement ring on Etsy! There are so many sellers on Etsy that make custom handmade rings. You might be able to find one you love on there!

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
        He can have the ring made to fit your hand, you know, made from scratch. But really, it's not your problem, it's his!
        Haha, soooo true! I feel bad though...If I have this much trouble trying to find one, then the poor guy is gonna be lost. I'm gonna leave it up to him though! I've just been finding some that I like.

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
        I found my engagement ring on Etsy! There are so many sellers on Etsy that make custom handmade rings. You might be able to find one you love on there!
        Thank you so much for the advice!!! I looked on Etsy and found some really nice styles! They still run small, but I now have about 2-3 rings that I really like! I'm gonna just show him the pictures and hopefully he can find one that fits, haha

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

I dunno if you're into wedding bands (I prefer them, myself), but don't eliminate men's rings from your search! Some of them are just as beautiful, but are designed for larger hands.
          Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
          Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
          Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

i don't have any advice on where to find larger rings, but wanted to say something about not liking the way jewelry looks on you sometimes. i would definitely try to find a ring with a large stone or design, that way it will look proportionate and extra pretty plus, you get a big rock! haha. maybe look into designs with halos, they add size without upping the price too much. good luck with your search

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
              I dunno if you're into wedding bands (I prefer them, myself), but don't eliminate men's rings from your search! Some of them are just as beautiful, but are designed for larger hands.
              I bought a men's band one time, and I just wasn't into it...I'm a really girly girl and I love sparkly things and pink and all that, so I love rings with stones. The sizing was definitely a lot easier! It just didn't click with my personality and what I wanted. But I'll probably still take a look at them, because you never know what catches your eye!

Originally posted by abc123 View Post
              i don't have any advice on where to find larger rings, but wanted to say something about not liking the way jewelry looks on you sometimes. i would definitely try to find a ring with a large stone or design, that way it will look proportionate and extra pretty plus, you get a big rock! haha. maybe look into designs with halos, they add size without upping the price too much. good luck with your search
              The rings I've found are all bigger! The stones are bigger and the design around the stone takes up a lot of space on the finger. I've found over the years that they look better on my hands. I just want to try them on so badly though!!! Which is the only part that sucks.

XXX XXX

Comment

Well, this wouldn't help with being able to try them on but my wedding ring is from Gemvera where you design your ring and then it's "custom" made- so you get to choose which stones are in whatever design you choose basically. I went and looked for you and all the women's ring sizes go up to 10 but then it had a little note that since all of their rings are custom made, many of the designs can be made larger than 10. If you like their rings, you can do a quick online chat or call them, I found that they have great customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
                  Well, this wouldn't help with being able to try them on but my wedding ring is from Gemvera where you design your ring and then it's "custom" made- so you get to choose which stones are in whatever design you choose basically. I went and looked for you and all the women's ring sizes go up to 10 but then it had a little note that since all of their rings are custom made, many of the designs can be made larger than 10. If you like their rings, you can do a quick online chat or call them, I found that they have great customer service.
                  Thank you so much! This helps a lot! I've been putting together pictures of rings that I like and websites, like this one, where he can go.

XXX XXX

Comment

Working...
                  X