28 letters later [ENGAGED!!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 letters later [ENGAGED!!]

I figured I'd post since it's still fresh and I am still as excited as I was yesterday when it happened:
    Stephen proposed to me in the most romantic way possible!!!

In the morning he told me I have to talk to a mutual online friend of ours because he was making a video and he needed him to write something for our friend. Since he had to work I was the one to talk to him - and it all made kind of sense so I messaged him at 11am sharp only to receive the beginning of a story and the instruction to talk to another friend..

I went from friend to friend, to sibling, to father, to neigbor.. to all important people in his life and everyone had a letter from him AND a lolly pop! Whenever I got to someone they told me I just missed Stephen, but they knew where he went so we went there only to find another letter and lolly pop.

After I talked to 23 people I got a ride back to our apartment and there was mom (his brother-in-law's mom who is very close to him) waiting for me putting a blindfold on my eyes and telling me: "If you ever want to see Stephen again, do as I say!".

The whole group of 23 people lead me to the gazebo where we ended our walk just before I had to leave the last time I was around and while we were walking towards it his sister read out the last couple letters and when she came to the last one she had to stop and ask her sister to take over, because it was too overwhelming for her and she didn't want to cry!

Someone took off my blindfold and he gestured to come closer.. I could see he had tears in his eyes already and he said how happy I make him and that he wasn't happy before he met me! Then his voice broke so he pulled out the box and got on his knee and asked me if I will marry him and I said yes I was shaking and crying!! It was just too much!!

Right after I accepted and he kissed me they all got around us in a massive group hug!

But the moment that moved me the most was when his father came to me and said "You DO make him happy, you know?" and gave me a really tight hug ... he hates hugging people so it really meant a lot to me!!!

We haven't had the chance to talk about the wedding yet, but I am sure we will at some point

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

YAY!!!!! Congratulations! That is such a wonderful way to propose. Love love love it.

Ring picture?!
    ~~~

Comment

WOW, that is such a romantic proposal! <3 Congratulations!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Aw, definitely very sweet.

Congrats!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

That is SO sweet! Congratulations!

Comment

Wow!
            Congrats!

Comment

Such a sweet and romantic proposal!! Congratulations, I am so happy for you both!!!

Comment

Congrats Snow!

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                Back Together: August 1,2012
                First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                Engaged: January 17,2013
                Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Congrats!
                  What a cute and creative proposal. You're very patient. I don't know if I'd have had the patience to go from one person to another like that. I'd probably have been like "What's this shit? I'll go home and wait for him"

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
                    Congrats!
                    What a cute and creative proposal. You're very patient. I don't know if I'd have had the patience to go from one person to another like that. I'd probably have been like "What's this shit? I'll go home and wait for him"
                    This would be me too, I'm crap at surprises!

Congrats on your engagement, snow!

Comment

How sweet of him.. COngratulations... And yes wana see ring pic too

Comment

Congratulations! He really put his heart in this proposal, really creative

Comment

HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
                          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

OMG!!! Congratulations!!! The letters were uber cute! <3

First met: June 2012
                            Became Committed: June 04, 2012
                            Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
                            Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Congratulations !
                              Wow, what a lovely and personal proposal.

Comment

Working...
                              X