After 6 years!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 6 years!!!

He proposed on the 4th of July after 6 years of dating!
    I took a trip to see him for the weekend since he's going to Japan for his first assignment next month so I wanted to spend as much time with him as I can while it's still affordable to see him. The ring is so beautiful, I'll post a pic of it. It was a wonderful way to begin our weekend together.
    I'm just so ecstatic, even though we're apart again. Can't wait to start planning!

Any tips on wedding planning? It won't be for a while, we're waiting until I get my degree so it'll be over a year. Plus I want a fairly small wedding. I'm planning on keeping a binder to keep things organized. Any advice would be wonderful! I've been looking forward to this for so so long!
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

I love it, I can't believe it's mine! It's a white opal and two blue topazes. I love opals, plus it's my birthstone. And I love that color of blue it's my favorite color. He did so good!
    sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Congratulations! The ring is STUNNING!! Wish you the best for your coming time together
      ”Distance means so little when someone means so much.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sukkerklumpen View Post
        Congratulations! The ring is STUNNING!! Wish you the best for your coming time together
        Thank you so much! I can't wait to start planning!!
        sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Awwww! So swweet!!! Congratulations to u both and the ring is sooo beautiful!!!!!! All the best for ur future! May God bless u both!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations!! That is such a beautiful ring!

Comment

Congratulations from me as well. Stories like yours makes me feel happy - for you - and for all others here on this forum.
              God bless

Comment

Congratulations !
                Wow, so many people are getting engaged. If that isn't proof that LDRs work out than I don't know
                Your ring is beautiful !

Comment

Originally posted by abna1 View Post
                  Wow, so many people are getting engaged. If that isn't proof that LDRs work out than I don't know
                  I was just thinking the same!

Great news ushiwakafox! Congratulations I really love opal too, and the ring is beautiful. Wish you all the best! xx
                  Last edited by Malaga; July 8, 2013, 06:17 AM.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratzz!!! ;o
                      Tip: Have a HUGE yummy cake <3 xD lolololol

Comment

Congratulations!! I feel like it's engagement season Your ring is gorgeous!

Definitely keep a binder or folder of everything. Sign up for The Knot and use their to-do checklist. It's really helpful!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

CONGRATS!!

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
                            Congratulations!! I feel like it's engagement season Your ring is gorgeous!

Definitely keep a binder or folder of everything. Sign up for The Knot and use their to-do checklist. It's really helpful!
                            Ditto on the Knot's to-do list. It was very helpful for me. Wedding advice... start the planning now; you'll thank yourself later - I pushed a lot of things off and was unnecessarily stressed out the month before the wedding. Don't assume anyone (even coordinators at the wedding) will do what you want them to do. It's okay to be particular about everything and repeat as often as necessary. There were a few things that went wrong at our wedding and it was because Frank and I assumed what should have been obvious.
                            Read my LDR story!
                            Facebook
                            Instagram

Comment

A note about TK's checklist: while super helpful, it includes some things you may not be doing for your wedding and repeats items some times. I went through, for example, and deleted all things related to the florist, as we're not having one. Take the 10-15 minutes to do that and you'll save yourself stress later.

Oh. And remember this: at the end of the day, as long as you and your SO are married, then the wedding was a success.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X