Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever bumped up your wedding date due to grandparents health?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever bumped up your wedding date due to grandparents health?

When I've always dreamed of getting married I always wanted my grandparents to both still be alive to come to my wedding. Right now my grandpa isn't doing so good and I'm wondering if he gets worse, should I consider getting married sooner than I planned. Right now it's just a thought but it's something that is really special to me as they're my only set of grandparents left. Have you ever done this for your family? Nothing is set in stone right now I'm just thinking of the option if it comes up.

You really seem to think about weddings a lot for someone who has been in a relationship for not even half a year

I would definitely not get married that early just so my grandparents could be at my wedding. With the some reasoning you could ask if it was smart to have a child early on, so your grandparents can see their great-grandchildren. It doesn't really make much sense to me.

I can see it as a solution, if it's only a matter of a few weeks, but then most of the time it's not like you know someone's going to die/become unable to travel a few weeks in advance.

I did however invite my grandparents to our civil ceremony, which I hadn't planned on doing originally, because I don't know whether they will be in good enough health to travel by the time we have our religious ceremony and wedding party.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I would never specifically get married just for family to be there, but I would probably move a date if it was that important to me.

My grandmother being able to be at my first wedding is the one of the few things I don't regret about that marriage. She died unexpectedly 3 weeks later, and I know that she was super proud to see her only granddaughter get married. The pictures of her from the wedding are the few that I still leave out, and they are the last pictures ever taken of her. It's great to be able to look back and know how happy she was for me on that day and to be glad that she got to experience it with me. This lady raised me so it was important for her to be there for me on this day.

Comment

I got married in England because of my Grandfather's health, instead of planning something in the US, but I would never have got married early so that he could be alive to attend. Don't get married too early on in your relationship and tie yourself to someone just so that your grandfather can attend. I'm sure your Grandfather would be a lot happier knowing you've entered your marriage because it was the right time for you, and not shot-gunned it so that he could attend. Your wedding is one day. Your marriage is for the rest of your life.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X