On which hand do you wear your ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On which hand do you wear your ring?

I wear mine on my left because that's where I always thought it went. But I've noticed lots of people wear it on their right hand. My SO used to wear his on his left, but now he likes it better on his right.

What about you? Any reason behind it?

My husband and I both wear our rings on the left hand, like you.
    My heart belongs to a pilot!
    ~*~
    ~*~
    [/center]

Comment

I used to wear mine on the left too.

Comment

How do your rings even fit on both hands? Do only I have weird different sized fingers?
        I used to wear the ring that my boyfriend gave me for our 1st anniversary on my left hand and that's where I wear my engagement ring now. We ordered our wedding bands, so they'd fit on our right hands.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I wear my rings a little loose. My wedding ring fits on both hands, though my right hand is a little bigger. Yesterday was the first day my SO wore his ring on his right and he almost couldn't get it off!

Comment

I'm wearing my engagement ring on my left hand and Stephen told me that when we get married he's going to put my wedding band on the same hand (with the engagement ring still on!).

My mom and dad wear them on their right hand. I thought that's how it's done in europe: engagement ring on the left, wedding band on the right (and I never liked that since I'm right handed and a ring distracts me when holding a pen, lucky me )

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I wear my engagement ring on my left ring finger. When we get married, he will wear his wedding band on his left hand. I will temporarily wear my engagement ring on a different finger for the ceremony, so he can put my wedding band on me. In US tradition, the wedding band is worn closest to the body. I like the way it looks, so I will be doing that. And then hopefully on our 1 yr anniversary he'll be putting the anniversary band on the other side of my engagement ring.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Left hand, with my engagement ring closest to my body. This is because my engagement ring is smaller, and thus needs the smaller part of my finger, and worth a lot more, so if I was going to lose one, let it be the wedding band that I have lifetime replacement on

For a while before I had my engagement ring resized I wore it on my right hand. Some people were arseholes about that. Additionally, as I don't have diamonds, people just assumed it was a normal ring.

From what I understand, wearing both on the right hand (or all three if you have an eternity band) symbolises that your husband is dead.
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I wear my engagement ring on my left hand. My fiancé was expecting me to wear it on my right. :P

a gente se completa neste abraço

Comment

I wear my engagment ring on my left hand. Will wear my wedding ring there as well

Comment

I wore my wedding ring on my left hand (my engagement ring was stolen ). Now my wedding ring is on a chain around my neck because my fingers are a bit swollen (pregnancy) and I'm scared of the ring getting stuck!

Comment

As already mentioned, I think here in Europe it's the other way around from America... people wear engagement rings on the left and wedding rings on the right! I always thought it was very confusing that it is the other way around in the United States (saw it in movies and such ^^)

Comment

Wedding ring on left hand. Sometimes it feels a little loose and I wear my engagement ring (which fits better) on 'top' of it to keep it from falling, but most of the time I wear the engagement ring on my right hand. If at all.
                          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I'm Britain, it's wedding ring on the left hand!

Comment

I've never heard of either ring worn on the right hand. Being in the UK i've always known both to be on the left, wedding band closest to the body. Both me and my SO wear ours on our left

Comment

Working...
                              X