Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kinds of stores did you register at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kinds of stores did you register at?

This is kind of a fun thread....I've been thinking about this lately. What kinds of stores did you guys register at? My SO and I were thinking a store like Target...something about that logo attracts me to the store...and the merchandise too xD!! But we've also heard from his dad that we should register at a store like Macy's because the quality of the merchandise is better. I'm not so sure, I'd feel terrible asking people to go out to Macy's and buy me $100 pots...o_o...

Any who, where'd you guys register at? Also....how long before your wedding did you register? We've still got like 9 and a half months to go so I feel like maybe it's too soon but...?

Edit:
    Also, I should ask, DID you register somewhere? I've read online from people who had very small weddings (25ish people) and didn't think it made sense. Or maybe it's not custom where you're from?
    Last edited by Yaaamiii; September 4, 2013, 02:42 PM.

I've been thinking about registering at Target too. They have everything at a decent price (compared to other stores) and a nice selection of stuff. Macy's would be nice too. Maybe Sears?
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

We're going to do Target and Amazon, so that those that are my friends and family can get some thing and have it mailed to us if they choose to.

Comment

We haven't talked about it yet, but since it's going to be a really small wedding I doubt we will register anywhere at all

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I didn't register. I wasn't expecting gifts from anybody. Some guests gave us money in the cards they gave us, but we didn't ask for anything. It being a destination wedding for a high percentage of our guests, we felt bad enough they'd spent a lot of money just to get there.

My MIL asked me to make a registry so family members could give us stuff though- something like, she spends money on their kids and grandkids so they needed to return the favour, I put a few small items on amazon then forgot all about it

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've considered Amazon since my SO and I are devout Amazon-ies xD. Our wedding isn't a destination wedding, but if it were I probably wouldn't register anywhere either. Our guest list is gonna be like 200 people...since we're both hispanic we have a lot of family who wants to be there....BUT a lot of that 200 won't come...we're *hoping* only about 80-100 guests will show since my SO goes to a university out of town meaning his friends would have to travel a lot, and I went to a school even further meaning my guests would have to travel far. And his side of the family is mostly out of the country...but may still fly in anyway. We'll see. xD

Any who, I'm still thinking Target for sure. I love their merchandise *_*...

Edit:

By the way, for those of you who did register, how long did you wait before your wedding day to register o.O...I don't know when it's too soon. Some sites have said a month after getting engaged (...?????) and other people have said they waited 3 months before their wedding...?
            Last edited by Yaaamiii; September 6, 2013, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I know I'm technically not engaged or planning a wedding (yet), but I have thought a little about this. I would absolutely register at Target-- it's my favorite store! I'd also probably go the Amazon route since it's so easy to set up items you want and for people who live at a distance to send gifts. I have a good amount of family that lives in various areas of the country and I intend to have a somewhat small wedding, so I anticipate many of my more distant relatives, especially on my dad's side, will want to stay home and just send a gift.
              Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
              Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
              Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

My SO and I really wanted to register at Target. We love Target! But after doing some reading online and hearing some horror stories we decided not to. From what I've read and heard, Target has a reputation for not updating their wedding registries which makes you get duplicates and for having a difficult return policy for items that are bought off of registries.

We settled on Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Nothing on our registry is over $50 (except for a KitchenAid mixer that I have been told is already taken care of) because it is more for the bridal shower than anything else. In our area most people buy gifts for the bridal shower and then give money at the wedding.

We started our registry last night because my bridal shower will most likely be relatively soon. And my "The Knot" checklist told me this is an okay time! Our wedding is about 8 months away. If you do it early you do have to check back on it every once and a while to make sure items haven't been discontinued.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
                  My SO and I really wanted to register at Target. We love Target! But after doing some reading online and hearing some horror stories we decided not to. From what I've read and heard, Target has a reputation for not updating their wedding registries which makes you get duplicates and for having a difficult return policy for items that are bought off of registries.

Our wedding is about 8 months away. If you do it early you do have to check back on it every once and a while to make sure items haven't been discontinued.

Oh NOOOOOOOEEESS *sadface* what horror stories . V_V I love Target, their products are so awesome lol. I'll look it up too, you've made me curious.
                  Also, thanks for that note, I hadn't thought about the fact that items could be discontinued. If they are, do those items automatically remove themselves from the list?

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post
                    Oh NOOOOOOOEEESS *sadface* what horror stories . V_V I love Target, their products are so awesome lol. I'll look it up too, you've made me curious.
                    Also, thanks for that note, I hadn't thought about the fact that items could be discontinued. If they are, do those items automatically remove themselves from the list?
                    I've read it around the web and I just didn't want to take a chance! We're having a very small registry though so it didn't matter too much where we registered. I think if I had been set on a certain amount of Target products I would have taken the chance.

I'm honestly not sure because we just finalized our registry this weekend. I know on a friend's registry it said "this item is unavailable" for a few things but I can't remember what store that was. But with Target and BBB (and probably everywhere else) you can manage your registry online so checking is no big deal

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

We didn't register. I think it's wrong to ask for gifts. Especially from those people who paid for their $2000 flight, hired their own suits etc. What right have I, you know? If people want to give me something, they ought to know me or Obi well enough to guess what would be cool too. Plus, we'd been living out of home for ages, we didn't need anything, we just wanted love and attention for a day haha
                      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

We registered at a few places. Target - but that was because I got a little thing in the mail saying "If you put 10 things on the registry and print out a copy of it and bring it in with this coupon, we'll give you a $20 gift card". So I did. We registered at Amazon, Macy's, and, my favorite, Crate & Barrel. It's pretty much expected that we register places, and our families would have been disappointed/annoyed if we didn't. We've already had some issues with items being discontinued. Macy's & C&B are really good at letting us know something is wrong with our registries, but it's only been for a few items, and we were able to pick replacements fairly quickly.

I will say this, though, for anyone who is getting married soon or, heck, even if you're not but you're reading this: DO NOT use honeyfund or any other honeymoon registry websites. Mainly because if your guests actually do contribute, the websites take a % of the donations for themselves. So if you want to do a honeymoon fund, fine, (I think they're tacky, but, that's my circle. They're pretty common in other circles, from what I can tell) but don't do it through a website like one of those. They're deceiving you & your guests and it's just not cool.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

We didn't register, we didn't need anything.

But, when I go to buy for weddings I mostly just appreciate when the store is close and there's plenty of price ranges to buy from. I usually like to spend around $30 for a present, and I hate getting there late and there's only $100 stuff left.

Comment

I'm looking at things to put on our register now, and not really sure how much I should be putting on. Did you put loads on to give people choice or just a few things, maybe something for as many people were attending? I'm not expecting everyone to buy us something off the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post
                              I registered a baby shower at target (just like 2-3 items i liked and couldn't find elsewhere) while i know a baby shower is different one of the items they discontinued and it told everyone discontinued, but the item stayed on the registry until i went in and deleted it off.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Working...
                              X