Dress shopping etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dress shopping etiquette

One of my friends here in CR just told me she's decided to get married! I'm very happy for her. She told me she's going dress shopping with one of her friends and I'm kind of bummed because *I* want to go too!! She's not my best friend in the world, but she's definitely one of my closest friends in CR. Would it be rude to ask if I could come along as well? I thought I might be intruding because her and the friend both speak German native, and I don't speak any German. Their English is perfect, but it's not native.

Anyways. Would it be rude to ask if I can go as well? Is there a non-rude way to ask? Or do I just need to suck it up?

I think something like "Hey, if you'd like another opinion, let me know, I wouldn't mind tagging along" would be appropriate. That way, you aren't putting her on the spot, but she'll know you're interested.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I personally wouldn't directly ask her, because she's going to feel obligated to say yes. But I don't see why you can't hint at it, maybe asking her what kind of styles she's looking for, or suggesting shops or something.

Comment

Both you ladies gave good points. I'd go with both techniques!

Moon, you're such a diplomat!
        Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
        And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
        ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Yeah unfortunately I already did the "so what style do you want?" and mentioned store ideas. And I still didn't get an invite. Soo... yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
            Yeah unfortunately I already did the "so what style do you want?" and mentioned store ideas. And I still didn't get an invite. Soo... yeah...
            Damn Well, I'd probably just suck it up then. Watch a few episodes of Say Yes to the Dress to make up for it

Comment

Working...
            X