Recently joined the married club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently joined the married club

Just thought I'd put it out here. We got married in a very very small civil ceremony two weeks ago, on the last day of summer. And I am so, so happy we did it I love this guy with all my heart, and.. as many of you are probably feeling right about now about your SO's, I too feel incredibly lucky to have him in my life and to be able to share mine with him and be a part of his.
    He left yesterday so we're officially back to long distance. It's not great.. but i hope this year goes by quickly and we achieve everything we want to achieve ( including a VISA !)
    We only had my parents and my uncle and his wife there. It was really hard telling people we want to keep it small. His folks couldn't come and neither could our brothers. And since we wanted to keep it small anyways, out of consideration for our families, we made a very small event and invited everybody to come to the bigger wedding party next year or some time after that. Cash was another reason we kept it very small.. because frankly, we did not have the money to throw a big party and whatever money we have, we need for the visa, staying abroad this year, moving etc.

So.. I was wearing jeans and a white traditional romanian blouse.. he had a nice shirt and long pants and we said our I do's on a very beautiful day. My mom almost didn't make it because of miscommunication between me and her, therefore we had a little drama. I am not happy with the way the photos turned out.. but whatever.. we had a wonderful time and it's been very good between us.

bottom line: I am back to being properly LD and more active on the forums, and I am married hehe .. wedding ring and all

Congrats!

Met online: 1/30/11
    Met in person: 5/30/12
    Second visit: 9/12/12
    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

congratulations!! hope everything goes smoothly with the visa!

Comment

Congrats! Good luck on the visa.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations! Pix
            I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Yay married. Many years of happiness I am wishing for you!
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

That's wonderful! Congratulations!!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                Married April 18th, 2015!!
                Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Thanks a lot everybody ! Lyonsgirl, you have very little left until your own wedding You must be very excited.

Comment

Congratulations!! That's so exciting! I hope you two have a long and happy life together!!
                      Also: pics of the rings?

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                      Married: 1/24/2015
                      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Yay! Congrats! Head over to visajourney.com I'll be there waiting for a visa with you

Comment

Congratulations... Pics please

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

I agree with what's been said:

1. Congratulations! That's so awesome.
                              2. I want to see pictures
                              first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
                              second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X