Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What language will you/did you do the ceremony and such in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argentinians are the best! :P jk....we're also a prideful bunch jaja.

Luckily my SO and I are both hispanic, but our wedding will be in the states. I was the one that wanted a bilingual mass, so it'll be in both english and spanish. :P

Comment

It's never really been a question for us which language to have our wedding ceremony in, as we are USA/Canada and communicate only in english. My SO is hispanic, but since we want to have a small wedding, the only person who will end up being there who doesn't know fluent english will be his mother. But I think she'd do fine understanding it. Plus, if it came to it, maybe we'd have a translation made up on nice paper. That's something to discuss in the future though
      started dating: 12/08/12
      "i love you": 04/12/13
      el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
      montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
      el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
      montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
      el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
      el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
      el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
      san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
      san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

legal ceremony: will be in German, but we can bring our own translator so we will try to get everything (not in great detail) translated, so his family (and he for some parts) fully understand what's going on

religious ceremony: will be bilingual. our priest offered to read some of the texts for the mass in Spanish (he can read but not really understand the language) so we are very happy about that... so we will try to make it half and half, but it will probably a bit more German than Spanish
        we will also translate everything that's going to be said at church on paper, so everyone can follow at all times!
        the only thing that will not be translatable is the sermon, but our priest said he will do a summary of it in Spanish as well...
        we will not have anything double though...
        as for the part of the "promise", it's most likely going to be like this: he will ask him everything in Spanish and he will answer Spanish (for his family to understand that part) and for me everything in German
        also, what our priest suggested we could do is, that we welcome our guest in each others languages (as a start of the ceremony), so I'll be welcoming his family in Spanish and he mine in German I think the idea is very nice and I hope I won't chicken out to do that!

Comment

Working...
        X