Type of Engagement Ring(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type of Engagement Ring(s)

Most females dream of that certain ring that the love of their life will place on their finger one day as they bend down onto one knee and pop the question they have been longing to hear. Of course, in some countries both partners have a ring. I was simply curious as to what each and every one of you all want/have as an engagement ring. Don't forget to post pictures if you can find some!!
    sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

I want this one.... it's only £39.00 and from https://www.credjewellery.com/jewell...earl-ring.html

It's from a UK based company who deal only with Fairtrade Gold

Ethical Policy

In sourcing our materials we seek full transparency from mine to retail.

All our gold is certified Fairtrade and clearly traceable back to our partner mine, Sotrami in Peru. Read more information on on our Fairtrade Gold .
    Our wedding rings can also be made in 100% recycled platinum , from UK sources.
    The CRED silver jewellery collections are made from certified Fairtrade silver , or from 100% recycled silver - each piece will have the material clearly stated on the page.

We use natural stones and very rarely they will be heat-treated. Our diamonds wherever possible come from fully traceable sources. Read about our ethically sourced diamonds and diamond grading .

Jersey Pearl Collections:
    Pearls are the only gemstone created by a living organism and need pollution-free environment to create beautiful pearls. The Jersey Pearl farms in China are CarbonNeutral, offsetting the energy by supporting green energy projects, including a hydroelectric plant which powers the region where their pearls are farmed. More information on ethical pearls
    Just working on subtly telling my SO now

Comment

There's another very similar thread. https://members.lovingfromadistance....gagement-rings
      Last edited by lyonsgirl; November 18, 2013, 02:50 PM.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

In my country typically you are stuck with whatever the guy gets you, usually a round cut white diamond solitaire so I never gave it much thought but I always thought it was not my style, I love color. So all I hoped for was comfort because I am not used to wearing jewelry...

Funny that I ended with a beautiful colorful engagement ring, alas an extremely uncomfortable one! I will change the mounting someday. It's a ruby with citrine accents (our birth stone, we chose it together)

Right now I am having fun looking for one to wear for the next few months, neither my engagement ring or wedding band fit anymore due pregnancy, it will be a stainless steel one as I don't want to spend much but I can't wear silver.
        Last edited by Lucky; November 21, 2013, 12:05 AM.

Comment

I want to be spoiled.
          I just want pink gold, and a good sized diamond.

After the ring from my first husband, I don't care, I will wait for the right ring from the right man...

Comment

I'm thinking something like this for me with a bigger stone..https://www.ritani.com/engagement-ri...FW0V7Aod4D0AEQ
            Last edited by MZVIRGO82; November 21, 2013, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I don't want yellow or pink gold, that's the biggest thing really. I only wear white/silver. I really like round cut and channel settings. This one would be perfect. I love the "surprise" diamonds all the way around the stone.

"You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

I love everybody's choices! They're all so pretty!!

My SO is wanting to do engagement the Swedish way which is the reverse of the American tradition. The girl gets a band for the engagement ring and the pretty sparkly one for the wedding ring. He also gets an engagement ring (also a band) but may keep that as his wedding ring as well. I'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be because no matter the ring, it will be from him and showing his love. We are still deciding on what both of my rings will look like. He wants me to have something with sapphires and diamonds, so we will see. He's also wanting to spend A LOT since I'll be wearing it forever. I'm trying to convince him otherwise. When I find a picture of one I like, I'll make sure to post it!!
                sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Working...
                X