Makeup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post

ETA: PS, Jazi, my makeup stayed ALL FREAKING DAY. I was so sure my eyemakeup would rub off like it does during the day when I apply it, same with my foundation - but the makeup artist was MAGIC and it stayed. All day. It seriously took me like 15 minutes and scrubbing of my face (because I totally didn't bring makeup remover in my overnight bag, whoops) to get it all off.
    When my friend did my makeup a few weeks back it took me like 15 minutes to get it off! I don't own makeup remover because I thought it was a silly extra, especially since I don't wear much daily and I purposefully buy non-waterproof so I can just get in the shower and be done with it. But if I get a pro for wedding party day I am DEFINITELY buying makeup remover. Holy crap when my friend put that makeup on me I thought I'd never get it all off!

Comment

I don't wear makeup on a regular basis (basically never), so it would not be worth it to try to do it myself or to buy products just so I could use them once. I would definitely hire a professional or call in a favor from a friend.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

We had our make up done for my friends wedding and I've never felt so freakin' hot in my life. Seriously... It's worth it.

Also..., we parties hard and the next morning the majority of my make up was still on my face! Amazing!

Comment

I HAD to have someone do my hair.....with the updo I wanted there was NO way I could do it. It had TONS of bobby pins in. I did my own makeup.....and I love how it looks in pictures, but by the time I go to the reception, it had melted all off due to heat...I know if I had done it professionally it would have lasted....I say go for it!!
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I did my own make up for my wedding. My friend tried doing make up on me and honestly, i looked like a barbie. There was way too much foundation and the eye shadow was totally wrong.

My sister has some very good foundation and stuff, so i borrowed hers and did it myself and it turned out pretty well - i only wanted very sublte make up. I did my hair two since it was a simple do'

I think the outcome was decent

Comment

I haven't gotten married yet (obviously) but I was a bridesmaid for a wedding. I would highly suggest getting someone to do it for you, unless you have a great amount of expertise. Either way, it takes a lot of stress off the big day. You can rest assured knowing that your face is in the right hands. There are lots of ways to find a good makeup artists, and you can even check reviews for some of them.

Comment

I know I'm gonna end up doing my makeup possibly professionally, but I really really can't stand wearing any makeup and I haaaatttteee wearing any, ever @_@.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post
                  I know I'm gonna end up doing my makeup possibly professionally, but I really really can't stand wearing any makeup and I haaaatttteee wearing any, ever @_@.
                  It's surprising how light makeup can feel when done well! There's also a type of foundation that works like an airbrush. Haven't tried it, but maybe you'll enjoy it?

Comment

It's surprising how light makeup can feel when done well! There's also a type of foundation that works like an airbrush. Haven't tried it, but maybe you'll enjoy it?
                    The mousse stuff? Personally, I'm not a fan. I quite enjoy makeup, but that stuff is "eh". there are, however, some makeup artists that have the equipment & know-how and do actual airbrushing. I've heard great things about it, and the pictures I have seen always look awesome.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                      The mousse stuff? Personally, I'm not a fan. I quite enjoy makeup, but that stuff is "eh". there are, however, some makeup artists that have the equipment & know-how and do actual airbrushing. I've heard great things about it, and the pictures I have seen always look awesome.
                      That's what I mean, haha. The 'actual airbrushing'. It has to be done well though, otherwise you might look 'too' plastic, but when done well it looks amazing. Lasts a long time, too.

Comment

I haven't gotten married yet (obviously) but I was a bridesmaid for a wedding. I would highly suggest getting someone to do it for you, unless you have a great amount of expertise. Either way, it takes a lot of stress off the big day. You can rest assured knowing that your face is in the right hands. There are lots of ways to find a good makeup artists, and you can even check reviews for some of them.

I'm in the same boat. I'm not married yet but when I so I'm getting my makeup and hair done professionally. I was bridesmaid at my friends weddings and I spent the money to get it. I don't mean to brag but I looked HOT. I am a total failure at being a girl. I normally don't wear make up unless I'm at work ro going out. Even then it's minimal, just eye liner and mascara. My thought process was that My friend was going to have these pictures forever. Her future children and grand children are going to see them. I don't want to be known as the mess bridesmaid.

OP, Just remeber that you are going to be looking at the pictures from your wedding for the rest of your life. Whatever makes you happy.
                        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

that's how little I know about makeup. I have no idea what that is. If anything, I may ask my sister in law to do it. She's good with makeup. But I'll certainly look into the airbrushing .

Comment

I was undecided about it myself until now but it looks like I will have to have it done professionally aswell. I just recently started using make up since my mom never showed me how and my big sister always looks so........ dead........ And I'm not really good at it haha
                            I really liked the pictures you girls posted! I hope I can look that hot too on my big day :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                            Married: 1/24/2015
                            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Whatever you choose, don't forget the under eye concealer!

Comment

Realized I didn't post a picture of my wedding day makeup. I'm so slow sometimes.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                                Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                                Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X