Fingerprint rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingerprint rings?

So I found a website that does fingerprint rings as wedding bands! I fell in love with the idea and convinced my SO that these were the rings for us .

However, the set runs around $500, and that's just insanely expensive when we can just get other rings with a regular engraving in them for cheaer.

https://www.brentjess.com/

^that's the website I used to find the fingerprint rings.

I know this is a stretch, but does anyone know anything about fingerprint rings/ know where I can get a cheaper set/ know if any regular jewlers will do it for us?

I have a friend here in the UK who makes them, what metal would you want? I think she mainly works in silver.

Comment

I wouldn't be opposed to silver . Especially because neither of us want gold colored rings. I personally wanted white gold, since, from my understanding, gold lasts longer than silver (don't quote me on that xD). But again, we wouldn't be opposed to silver (At least I wouldn't be)

Comment

I think this is the coolest idea, so I googled fingerprint-ring ideas and found lots of places that do them. I found one jewelry store online, I think it's Larson, that does them for only $50 added to the price of the ring. You could pick any ring. Just google and shop around. The gold rings are expensive whether or not you add a fingerprint. I saw something about Tungsten being good and cheaper. Check it out and good luck.

Comment

Thats an awesome idea!
          Id do this if I had a fingerprint
          And if my SO liked rings...
          "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

Have you looked on Etsy? I just searched "fingerprint ring" on there and there are a ton at different price points.

Comment

they look pretty good, but it doesnt say how they are made you want them to be laserd and just about every goldsmith should be able to find a company who does that and get you a price for that.
              (amateur goldsmith) as for material it are your wedding rings go with what you want not what is the cheapest or you might regret it in the future if you want to go for "long lasting" titanium (do able and you can get them in all kind of colours) or paladium (expensive)
              go and visit some goldsmith and ask for a price and also ask how they are putting the print in the ring they can ets them (risky for the print) engrave them (only a really good goldsmith can do that) the most sure is laser (i bet there are more but cant come up with it now)
              good luck

Comment

I think it's a really cool idea Adds a nice personal touch
                ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post
                  I wouldn't be opposed to silver . Especially because neither of us want gold colored rings. I personally wanted white gold, since, from my understanding, gold lasts longer than silver (don't quote me on that xD). But again, we wouldn't be opposed to silver (At least I wouldn't be)
                  White gold looks white because it has a plating on it that needs to be maintained every few years (more frequently depending on what kind of work you do with your hands) so while it might last longer and wont get that black tarnish it's not something you can just clean to make it look like new. Tungsten is cheap and strong and requires no maintenance - but can't be resized.
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

What! Jaja I feel so dumb now. I guess I just wasn't looking online hard enough ;(. Every site I found was in the 400-500 range. I'm gonna have to look again. Also, I considered going to a jewelry store and seeing if they had any ideas, so we'll probably be trying that one soon.

Zephii-Tungsten is great . My SOs promise ring is in that material and its done pretty well. I didn't know you couldn't resize it though...that's a little scary! I got my engagement ring resized but I should have gotten it resized down a little more cuz it's still just a tad too big.

Comment

My ex husband and I did the fingerprint rings from the exact same people you found. The rings were gorgeous. The price has gone up over the years which means they probably have become more popular. Ours were just silver, and my ring stayed in great shape over the years. It's a great idea and not something everyone has. It was nice to have something "different."

Comment

I checked with her last night and she just does fingerprint pendants now not rings. Sorry. It looks like there are plenty of other options out there though.

Comment

I want to so this with my SO when we ( eventually) get hitched. I think it's such a cool idea
                          "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                            White gold looks white because it has a plating on it that needs to be maintained every few years (more frequently depending on what kind of work you do with your hands) so while it might last longer and wont get that black tarnish it's not something you can just clean to make it look like new. Tungsten is cheap and strong and requires no maintenance - but can't be resized.
                            if your white golden rings have that "problem"there not proper white gold but brass with a layer and you got scamed, sorry to say, but that isnt white gold then..

and tungsten can be made bigger but not many goldsmids do it because the material is brittle and can brake very easy when trying to stretch same for making the ring smaller they can "press" it a size but they can take out a part like gold or silver ect
                            Last edited by dragonlady; December 16, 2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Here in the US if you buy tungsten then they can't be resized. You can send them back for bigger/smaller sizes but they won't be the original rings you bought. Also,Tungsten because it's so thick can only be laser engraved. Tungsten is actually a very strong material and rarely does it crack,dent or break. Everyone I've ever known who has had a Tungsten ring has had it for years and most of them still look as new as the day they were bought. But I don't think that (anyone feel free to correct me if I'm misinformed) Tungsten can have fingerprints added because like I said,they can only be laser engraved. As for the white gold,that's not totally true either. Even genuine white gold pieces have to be maintenanced more often then regular gold because white gold doesn't really have as much resistance to things as other materials do. Especially since all white gold is,is just regular gold with other alloys added to give it the color that it has and gold at it's very base without alloys added to it is weak.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                              Back Together: August 1,2012
                              First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                              Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                              Engaged: January 17,2013
                              Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                              Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                              We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                              SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                              Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X