We're actually going to do it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're actually going to do it!

So after months of talking about it, he has told me in February we are going ring shopping and we've said that we will be married by the end of 2014 Between us in the past year w e have managed to save the money for it and I've just told my daughter who won't stop jumping round the room!!!!!!

Aiming for an August or October wedding in Virginia, going to actually start planning this weekend over skype. Eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk

Planning a transatlantic wedding is going to be an interesting experience to say the least.

Congratulations! Good luck with the wedding planning

sigpic

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Great news! congratulations and good luck!

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you

Comment

That's wonderful! Best wishes.

Comment

Thanks everyone, it's always been a talking point but it feels like we've moved past talking into actual action stage. The main planning is going to be the plane tickets for me and my daughter, if anyone else wants to come they can sort themselves out, as we'll have a party back here in the uk when we are finally together here.

Then the paperwork side of things as well is a little daunting but I'm sure with a bit of time and effort we'll get there.

As for the actual day and ceremony, it's going to be very small, his mom has said she'll help as much as she can and kind of act as my stateside planner. Which is good because as many great characteristics my SO has, organisational skills are very low down on his list!

Comment

Yey! Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats! We'll definitely need pictures once you get the ring and, of course, of the wedding!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Don't worry there will be lots of photos

I am actually quite surprised at myself just how excited I am by this, I'm really not a huge advocate of marriage and having had one disastrous experience hasn't helped but I genuinely feel like a teenager again..... I've even found myself looking at wedding boards on pinterest

Comment

Congrats!
                      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Congratulations!! That's fantastic news
                        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Anyway. ... the important stuff whilst he's at work. I've decided I don't want a white or ivory dress, the colour really doesn't suit me plus I want something different. I'm thinking blue/turquoise. ...

this is my current favourite.

Comment

That is a beautiful dress! And congratulations also
                            So, here you are
                            too foreign for home
                            too foreign for here.
                            Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...