After 10 years, we're engaged!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 10 years, we're engaged!!

First off...Marc and I are middle school sweethearts, so 10 years makes us both in our early 20s Which ends up being quite perfect.

We got to spend a month together for winter break. He graduated college just recently in December and I have 1 more semester left! He is going to go back home to job hunt and get some other things in order while I finish off school before we close the distance (since we don't know where he'll be for his job).

ANYWAY! December 31st was our 10 year anniversary. The night prior, we were looking through my diaries at all of my entries of our love throughout the years and reminiscing. The following morning, our anniversary day, we went to all the old places in my hometown that we hung out at when we were young kids (parks and ponds). We went up to the city for dinner and I took him to the OKC Thunder basketball game that evening because he has always wanted to see them play. Unfortunately, the Thunder lost by 3 points, but we still had a blast.

We went out to have a drink after the game before heading back to the hotel. We turned on the television to listen to the countdown and popped open a few beers. We talked about the future, his graduation, my soon-graduation, places to live, etc. It got very sappy, so I jumped up and yanked him to his feet to dance around our hotel to the music on the TV.

As we were dancing around, he asked how the anniversary was. I said, "Wonderful! I am just bummed that the Thunder lost." We laughed and he paused our dancing. Pulling out the ring and getting down on one knee, he said, "Well, lets make it even better." Of course, I instantly start crying. He takes my hand and with teary eyes, he asked, "would you be mine forever and always?" (Mind you, we've used "forever & always" since we first started dating).
    I probably said "yes" a thousand times. We ended the night with a kiss as the ball dropped to ring in 2014.

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

That's really sweet! Congratulations on the engagement and the anniversary!!

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Congratulations
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Congrats! What a sweet story!

Comment

What a sweet story ! Congratulations

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

What a beautiful proposal. Congratulations! It's been a long time coming, so you deserve this!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

That is very special indeed. Thanks for sharing that moment with us. I'm happy for you both. Best wishes.

Comment

Very sweet, congratulations!

Met in July 2006
                  Dated very briefly in November 2006
                  Reconnected in July 2011
                  Something changed in August 2013
                  He visited in November 2013
                  I traveled in November 2013
                  I visit in February 2014

Comment

Congratulations and great engagement story!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Congratulations! What a great way to celebrate the new year and your anniversary!

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! That's such a sweet story! I was saying "awwwww!" out loud as I read it What a great way to celebrate the end of the year, your anniversary, and the beginning of the New Year! Keep us up to date with wedding planning!
                        Our love story:
                        Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                        Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                        Reconnected: August 2012
                        Began dating LD: November 2012
                        Engaged! March 2014
                        Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Wonderful engagement and anniversary story! Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations
                            I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Omgosh that's so sweet!! Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                              X