Invitation wording?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peppypenguin View Post
    Really? I find that surprising. And rude. I would never think of bringing a guest if the invitation was just addressed to me.
    I'm not an expert on weddings or wedding etiquette, but I would (at the very least consider it). I think it's weird to expect people to come to a party without their SO or a date.
    For us inviting people without their partners would not be an option (fortunately for us, the one +1 we didn't want there was traveling on another continent, so we could include him on the invitation ).
    Last edited by Dziubka; April 3, 2014, 12:43 AM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
      On the RSVPs, I wrote "___ seat(s) have been reserved for your party" and put 2 or 3 or whatever depending on if I was inviting a couple or a family. So just putting "1" would make it clear that they can't bring a guest.
      I did this as well. So far it hasn't been a problem. But my wedding is next month so I guess I will find out then if it worked!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I'm sure you made your decision already, but I just got a wedding invite that said "we have reserved ___ space(s) for you"

Pretty clear to me

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
          I'm sure you made your decision already, but I just got a wedding invite that said "we have reserved ___ space(s) for you"

Pretty clear to me
          Actually, my SO was in town for the weekend and we did them all. And I'm so mad because we forgot to put that on the RSVPs because it was late and we just weren't thinking anymore D:. Now I have to create a separate card and put it into the RSVP's. Arg!!!

Comment

On the RSVPs, I wrote "___ seat(s) have been reserved for your party" and put 2 or 3 or whatever depending on if I was inviting a couple or a family. So just putting "1" would make it clear that they can't bring a guest.
            Oh, I LOVE this! I may have to steal this when we get around to making our RSVPs!

My SO and I were just talking earlier about how many people we're wanting to invite and based off of the invites, we're going to get a venue that will hold only a certain amount more since everyone won't be able to come/choose not to come. We're on a tight budget too and couldn't afford to have a bunch of +1s showing up, unless they're not going to eat, drink, or sit down
            Our love story:
            Attended the same high school 2004-2007
            Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
            Reconnected: August 2012
            Began dating LD: November 2012
            Engaged! March 2014
            Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Heavenly_Love12 View Post
              My SO and I were just talking earlier about how many people we're wanting to invite and based off of the invites, we're going to get a venue that will hold only a certain amount more since everyone won't be able to come/choose not to come. We're on a tight budget too and couldn't afford to have a bunch of +1s showing up, unless they're not going to eat, drink, or sit down
              Not to hi-jack this thread but: please don't do this. I understand you're on a tight budget- but what if everyone RSVPs yes? Please get a space that will fit all of your guests if you get 100% yeses. I was "so sure" that one of my cousins wouldn't be able to attend - and to my surprise she ended up coming - and brought her daughter! It was a welcomed surprise, but I'm grateful I didn't downsize our venues. (It wasn't just her that did this.) Anyway, in the end it's obviously your decision, feel free to ignore me if you'd like.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                Not to hi-jack this thread but: please don't do this. I understand you're on a tight budget- but what if everyone RSVPs yes? Please get a space that will fit all of your guests if you get 100% yeses. I was "so sure" that one of my cousins wouldn't be able to attend - and to my surprise she ended up coming - and brought her daughter! It was a welcomed surprise, but I'm grateful I didn't downsize our venues. (It wasn't just her that did this.) Anyway, in the end it's obviously your decision, feel free to ignore me if you'd like.
                I don't think you read my response correctly, "My SO and I were just talking earlier about how many people we're wanting to invite and based off of the invites, we're going to get a venue that will hold only a certain amount more" ie if we're going to invite 100 people, we'll get a venue that can hold 125. I have a large extended family but I know everyone is not going to take time off of work and drive/fly in. I wouldn't get a venue that's smaller than the amount we invite just in case though.
                Our love story:
                Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                Reconnected: August 2012
                Began dating LD: November 2012
                Engaged! March 2014
                Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

I agree, that's a fantastic way to word it without people being able to assume they can bring a +1. It is tough to know who to add on to the list, especially if the person you are inviting has a long-term partner but maybe you've never met them. I agree that it's very rude to just bring someone along when not specifically invited.
                  Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                  First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Hey guys, I thought I'd give an update. I made quite a few tiny mistakes on the invites, since it was just me working on addresses and such...for example, we originally forgot to put "____spaces have been reserved" on the RSVPs, so to make up for it, I went to FedEx and made my own cards that had the restaurant address and the spaces have been reserved line. Unfortunately, I realized too late that the information I had on the card was already on the invites, minus the seat reservation part! I felt so dumb! And to top it off, I forgot to mention where we are registered at. AHHH.

Oh well xD. I keep telling myself that those who matter won't mind and those who mind don't matter.
                    Last edited by Yaaamiii; April 9, 2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X