Wedding Shoes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding Shoes!!

We are getting married in 82 days. Most general things regarding the wedding are set and decided. We are now working on details.
    I, on the other side, am having a hard time trying to find the right shoes . There are not that many options in the town where I live.
    First I wanted them to be silver, then changed my mind to either pale pink or pearl white. I have been to many stores and have tried "many" shoes and I know I am not being that picky, or maybe I am? Waaahhh! Some of them are way to high, or with a huge ugly platform that makes my feet look weird, some extremely uncomfortable or just not my type of shoes. Help!

Where did you buy yours? do you know any website(s) you'd recommend where I can look for shoes online? A website that offers international shipping and where shoes are not way too expensive? I know this can be risky, but I am willing to give it a shot if necessary Thanks!

Finding cheep, low-heeled, wedding-style-looking AND comfortable shoes will be a bit challenging. I would want to try them on at least, if I was you. You are probably going to wear them on for a very long day, and once you find them you don't have long time to walk them in. Are there any bigger/other stores in the nearby cities?
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'm a big fan of Aldo shoes. Do you have Aldo in Colombia?

https://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/s...1-therarwen/70
      https://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/s...6-standhope/32
      https://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/s...799-ibenama/32

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
        Finding cheep, low-heeled, wedding-style-looking AND comfortable shoes will be a bit challenging. I would want to try them on at least, if I was you. You are probably going to wear them on for a very long day, and once you find them you don't have long time to walk them in. Are there any bigger/other stores in the nearby cities?
        I agree, that's why I said I know this is a bit risky. I have my doubts about taking this route, but in my desperate moments, I think: why not?
        Now that you mentioned the bigger stores in nearby cities, it reminded me that in a month I am traveling to the city we are getting married in. Unfortunately I will be there just for a couple of hours -I go there just to take a test-, but perhaps I can make some time to check stores. :-)

Comment

I like Aldo shoes as well! Unfortunately we don't have them here in Colombia. :-(

The dress is pearl white, rather long and with rhinestones in the front. I don't know if should I really be giving myself a hard time with the shoes. I wanted to get toms shoes to wear after the ceremony/pictures, etc. My SO didn't like the idea Lol. I also plan on changing into a different dress, right before the "crazy hour"

Here some of the shoes I have tried on:

I think these two would be too much. The dress already has lots of stones in the front, so perhaps the shoes should be "lighter" as more simple, delicate?

These were… horrible! My back cried as soon as I tried to walk them around the store. Plus my skinny feet were looking absolutely weird with the shoes on.

These felt ok, but I don't like the golden

I tried these today. They are very close to pearl white and quite comfy. I have never had shoes like these before, so when I tried them on, they didn't look bad but I felt a bit weird….can't explain the feeling.
          The thing about these ones is: I wanted to wear pastel/pale pink shoes and have my SO to wear a pastel pink tie. He didn't find a tie in that color that he liked. He found a grey one he loved. So maybe the grey in the these shoes would be OK if he gets the grey tie he wants? We don't necessary NEED to match with something somehow, but if there is the possibility, why not?

Comment

Those lady shoes are my favorite! Very cute!

The other ones are more "club" and less "wedding"

There's a cute pair on modcloth that have little hearts on them. I'll link them later. On phone now

eta-

Here they are
            Last edited by lucybelle; May 19, 2014, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Schlafmütze View Post
              I love these! In case you're counting votes

sigpic

Comment

I bought mine at DSW. I can't do anything more than 3 inches with any real level of comfort and I really wanted comfort more than anything because I'm going to be on my feet and walking or dancing a LONG time that day. They have tons of designer and brand name shoes for lower prices. I love this store entirely too much!

I don't know if DSW ships internationally since I've never tried, but it can't hurt to check them out!

www.dsw.com

Comment

I got lucky... I ended up wearing a pair of shoes I had owned for a while - and I redid them!

They were black, I liked the heel height, and they were comfortable. I did end up changing into Converse before the reception - and I'm so glad I did. But my ceremony & picture shoes still rocked!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                    I got lucky... I ended up wearing a pair of shoes I had owned for a while - and I redid them!

They were black, I liked the heel height, and they were comfortable. I did end up changing into Converse before the reception - and I'm so glad I did. But my ceremony & picture shoes still rocked!
                    You did a wonderful job, I love them!
                    I haven't decided on mine yet. So far the lady shoes -as Lucychick called them- are winning, but I want to keep looking

Comment

Oh I forgot to update this thread: after visiting many stores and trying different shoes, I found a hidden gem downtown and there I got my wedding shoes. Comfy and to my taste/style. I can't wait to wear them!!

Comment

Originally posted by Schlafmütze View Post
                        Oh I forgot to update this thread: after visiting many stores and trying different shoes, I found a hidden gem downtown and there I got my wedding shoes. Comfy and to my taste/style. I can't wait to wear them!!
                        Um... hello...??? Picture! ASAP!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                          Um... hello...??? Picture! ASAP!
                          hahaha I sure will share pics... after the wedding

Comment

Working...
                          X