Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engagement ring preference

Hi all,

How do you give hints about the type of engagement/wedding ring you would like?

We will be applying for fiance visa by February so a formal proposal is on the horizon...most likely January during his visit

I chose my ring when I got engaged before but I don't think this is going to happen this time around lol.
    Met Online : July 2013
    Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
    2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
    3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
    Proposal : December 2014
    Closed distance : February 2015
    Married : April 5, 2015

Lucky duck! I'd be happy with anything he chose as it'd be special as it's something he chose. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
      Lucky duck! I'd be happy with anything he chose as it'd be special as it's something he chose. But that's just me.

Hi Redheart,

I'd be pleased with what he chooses too, but I want to be totally comfortable with my ring lol Like totally over the moon lol. My style has changed somewhat.

He is a deep thinker and likes to surprise me so I think he might want to do this all on his own.

He got me a really nice opal earring and necklace set during my last visit, but I chose it because we were looking around in the store on a whim. I couldn't believe it when he said out of the blue

"choose anything you like and I will get it for you!" I was grinning like crazy! Never had that happen to me before.

Comment

I think it will be sweet to look for something together, especially since I want the same ring for both (obviously I am not the big stones kind of girl). If he wants to surprise you you may just let him, perhaps he is good at that :-)
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Maybe just show him some styles you like or maybe you could go together and get it designed. My friend and her husband did that so they both have similar features and she got what she wanted. They looked beautiful maybe you could try that? Or just show him pics of what you like.

Comment

Closing the distance for us is costing a bit of money. I told him I would love to have an Opal ring, they are much cheaper and tbh, I think it would be amazing. I love Opals. No, hinting for us, we went and did some window shopping and so I am certain he has a good idea of what I would want.
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If he doesn't say anything about rings by November, I will probably send him one or two pics because most likely he will be buying the ring before he gets here. This means we won't be able to shop together unless we do it online.

Funny, we have discussed location of wedding and type of wedding we will have but no mention of the ring lol. We need to book venue before visa app so that is a practical discussion lol but I would prefer a ring discussion too lol. arrghh

Comment

Opal is beautiful! I love my earring and necklace

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=opal...w=1366&bih=643

They make them in wonderful settings too.
                  "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                    https://www.google.com/search?q=opal...w=1366&bih=643

They make them in wonderful settings too.
                    Omg! Gorgeous!

Comment

Originally posted by Petals View Post
                      Omg! Gorgeous!
                      I love the fire in Opals.
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Emerald. His birth month

Comment

I sent my SO pictures of what I wanted then we debated over metal - he preferred gold (more popular in his country) whereas I preferred white gold. He did want to surprise me though, so I told him "as long as it doesn't turn my finger green" and requested a solitaire but noted it was ultimately his decision. He ended up having the store make a beautiful solitaire with yellow/rose gold and two tiny stones embedded on either side of the large stone. I'm not one for surprises and he is so I figured sending pictures of what I prefer would at least provide a foundation to appease us both. It worked.
                          When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
                          no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Lol. I have a Pinterest board, but he doesn't know about it.

Comment

So typical me, got overly excited and sent him pics last night *covers face* before I went to bed which was day time for him so he was at work. He responded 45 mins later, but I had fallen asleep. As soon as I woke up this morning and text him, he asked if he could call and so we had a mini discussion.

Of course he had to make a joke about it asking "if I'm trying to scare him or something" lol

I felt sheepish lol so I said," how can I scare you when we've talked about getting married lol and even have a set date and venue in mind?"

He was like " I'm just pulling your legs baby"

We then spoke briefly about style and carat weight. One of the pics had a $3200 price tag attached to it, so he said "that's a bit pricey don;t you think?"

I said "uhmm, not really, when you are talking about a lifetime hehe plus it"s a bridal set and not just engagement ring."

He agreed! That pic with the price is actually a screenshot from a jewelry store in his country, so he has a good idea where to get it hehe

So yay!!! I'm glad that's out of the way now and he knows what I like so he can go shopping in comfort hahaha

I feel relieved now

Comment

Working...
                              X