Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Read the subject, forum handle, and section. Double-check. Yes, its me, posting here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read the subject, forum handle, and section. Double-check. Yes, its me, posting here.

Well...I'm engaged, folks.

We have been discussing marriage for a while now, as it is an administrative inevitability as an expat in a foreign country who didn't study in a field that actually gets you a job after graduation, and after a long conversation with his parents at his sister's birthday party in which they told us basically "tell us where and when", S asked me to marry him. I said yes.

No ring (pick whichever answer offends you the least: 1. I think engagement rings are lame and sexist, 2. We're poor and saving up for nice wedding bands), so, instead, I offer the picture of us that has the most likes on Facebook, complete with random phantom hand.

Congrats

Comment

You guys are adorable. Congratulations!
      first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
      second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

Very cute couple... congratulations... I am also engaged without engagement ring

Comment

Congratulations
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Congratulations!
            sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Love this! Congrats

Comment

Haha I love the subject title :P
                Congratulations

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                Married: 1/24/2015
                Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Congrats!!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                  Married April 18th, 2015!!
                  Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I said it already, but: CONGRATS!!
                    Keep us updated on all the wedding planning.

(I'm going to look for that photo and add more likes now. edit: I liked it already. LAME!) I think my SO used to have similar glasses!)

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Haha love your thread title!! And you guys are so cute!

Congratulations!! Any plans for the wedding yet? Keep us updated!

Comment

Awwwwwwwww yay! I think they are too. I want promise rings plus.......I want to ask him to marry me. Why should the man have to do it? Because it's ingrained in them. But I want to ask him because I want to feel that buzz of excitement, see that look of surprise and then delight on his face. He said No whenever I've mentioned this, but too bad for him, because I plan to. Well........no devil laughing or evil laughing emote.....so just pretend. Haha

Comment

Thank you so much, everyone. It means so much to me.

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
                              Haha love your thread title!! And you guys are so cute!

Congratulations!! Any plans for the wedding yet? Keep us updated!
                              We're definitely getting married in France, probably in either July or August because...well, because my student visa expires in September. We want something super small and low-key, as we'll be on a strict budget and the idea of a huge money pit party with all of my family members under one roof with free-flowing alcohol makes me want to curl up into the fetal position and cry. We don't know how much our parents will want to contribute (or at all), so, we're not sure on what's going to happen for the reception. The wedding itself will be at the town hall, because that is the only place that legally recognized marriages can take place in France.

Comment

Working...
                              X