Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning a winter christmas wedding! Ideas and help appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning a winter christmas wedding! Ideas and help appreciated!

I guess I belong in here my fiancé proposed on my trip in August and I'm getting started on wedding plans! We are having a December wedding! Winter/christmas theme, we can't set a 100% date yet because Jed is in the navy and is still currently waiting for his leave to be approved so things are on hold until then -.- however I am aiming for the 20th December 2014 as Jed's put in leave for the 15th so that gives us enough time to get our marriage license and spend some time together before the big day. I'll be flying to Maryland from the UK on the 10th December so I can help with some of the arrangements, Jed's family are being a huge support since I never knew how difficult it is planning a wedding more so when you're not in the country! I'm hoping for a church wedding, Jed isn't keen on the idea but that's because he gets nervous but he says he will do it for me as it's what I want. I told him I don't mind not having a church wedding and would just do it at the restaurant or the court house but Jed is so back and forth with it lol he can't make up his mind lol I only want a church wedding because I wanna walk down the aisle to my "wedding" song LOL but I am just happy that I get to marry the man of my dreams so whatever he wants I will be happy. We are going to have the reception at a restaurant and 30+ people will be coming, it was going to be a lot more but we asked Jed's mom to cut the numbers as we only wanted a small wedding nothing too big.I am just hoping they still have the 20th December open and it doesn't get booked as we can't put down a deposit until leave has been approved -.- Jed picked up his wedding band and my engagement ring a few days ago from being re sized. My wedding band had to be pre ordered as they can't re size it without breaking the ring so it has to be ordered in the size I need because of my tiny 3 and half sized fingers LOL so my wedding band won't be ready until at least November or even very early December O_O I already have my wedding dress and I love it so much! It's an Alfred Angelo 2083 It's literally my dream dress, it fits perfectly no alterations needed, I was hesitant to try it on when it arrived as I ordered it in a size 2 which is normally the size I am but as of right now I am a size 4/6 due to my kidney problem my stomach is currently the size of someone who is 6 months pregnant O_O I am having surgery in November to remove a kidney so by wedding time I should be back to normal but I was desperate to try on my dress to see if it did need alterations especially to the length since I'm only 5'3. I was so surprised my dress fit perfectly! It even flattered my stomach! Corseted backs are so forgiving LOL luckily it was done up looser so once I'm smaller again it'll still fit perfectly! It's a little long on me without heels on but since I'm wearing heels it's not a problem! It has the most amazing semi cathedral train which I love with all the details that are on the dress too! I'll be wearing a boho flower garland and a two tier veil which comes down to my lower back. I can't decide on how I want my hair but probably down and wavy. I have plenty of time to figure that out! I'm currently trying to find my bouquet but I haven't found anything yet

I have no idea how to plan a wedding especially since I'm far away! Does anyone have any ideas or advice? It'll be great to hear from people who have been there!
    Thanks for reading!

Chloe
    Xxx

How exciting, I'm sure it'll be great

Comment

How about pics? My sister had a winter wedding, they did great outdoor pics.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Just a quick question about immigration legalities--you plan on coming to the US on the VWP, marrying, and then leaving to start the visa process, right? Because if you don't leave the US after 90 days while on the VWP, you can run into huge problems.

Comment

Nope I'm coming in on the k-1 visa so no problems legally

Comment

Originally posted by Navygirl View Post
            Nope I'm coming in on the k-1 visa so no problems legally
            Aha...I hate to be a party pooper, and Lord knows I am not an expert on matters of US immigration (most Americans aren't...), but from what I could gather from some quick googling, K-1 visas take anywhere from 6 months to a year to process. Even if you two started the process the second you got together, you would only be 4 months in. December is 7 months from May, so if you applied then, I guess that's plausible, but you said that he proposed in August, so that makes you one month into the whole process, and 4 months in in December, which doesn't seem like enough time to make sure you have the visa before you get married.

Unless I'm missing something?
            Last edited by CynicalQuixotic; September 16, 2014, 06:25 AM.

Comment

I actually applied for my k-1 visa 6 months + ago. Fiance kept saying he was going to propose just I had no idea when!! LOL my visa should be done by November time it's already being processed

Comment

Oh goodness now I realize why you thought what you did, I'd put our relationship May 2014 when it's 2013 whoops I never noticed LOL

Comment

I actually applied for my k-1 visa 6 months + ago. Fiance kept saying he was going to propose just I had no idea when!! LOL my visa should be done by November time it's already being processed
                  Aha, okay. Well, good luck with everything! US Immigration is no picnic. My SO and I are getting married basically to take advantage of the fact that France does not make you prove adequate financial resources in order to get residency for a foreign spouse.

Oh goodness now I realize why you thought what you did, I'd put our relationship May 2014 when it's 2013 whoops I never noticed LOL
                  I figured that might have been it.

Comment

Working...
                  X