It's Official!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Official!

On Christmas Eve, my SO used some kind of jelly beans (candy) to create a heart with the ring in the centre! He had this on the table for awhile but I didn't notice because I was too busy baking so that we could head to dinner with his daughter.

I'm still trying to figure out when he got time to do that display but he won't tell me!

I'm beyond ecstatic! My ring is amazing and more than what I expected! I gave him hints though hehe

We will have an Australian winter wedding in August

[IMG] image sharing[/IMG]

[IMG] free photo hosting[/IMG]
    Last edited by Petals; January 4, 2015, 09:41 AM.
    Met Online : July 2013
    Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
    2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
    3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
    Proposal : December 2014
    Closed distance : February 2015
    Married : April 5, 2015

Congratulations!
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Congratulations :-D
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

That's so sweet. Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful

Comment

What a cute idea! Congratulations and gorgeous ring!

Met online: 04.19.14
            Became a couple: 04.23.14
            First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
            Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
            Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
            Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
            CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

Congratulations, you're ring is beautiful!
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations!!!!! That is sooooo sweet, your ring is stunning!

Comment

Congratulations
                  I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Congratulations!!
                    The ring is so shiny and beautiful
                    [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                    became official: 28.03.11
                    first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                    second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                    our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                    third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                    fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                    surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                    viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                    jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                    my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Congratulations!! The heart is just too sweet :3 I'm happy for you two!!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                      Married: 1/24/2015
                      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

The idea with the heart is fun! So happy for you, congratulations!

~
                          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                          The hands of the many must join as one
                          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Thanks guys... he is such a silly romantic!

When he picked me up at the airport he had a card and an infinity necklace on the front seat of the car. The necklace was expensive, so I was thinking hmmm...why is he giving me jewelry now when it's not even Christmas yet, plus I'm expecting a ring and not a necklace lol. When I got to the house there were roses in the bedroom. Awww...I cried!

Leading up to Christmas Eve, every time a jewelry ad was shown on television he would cover my eyes or ears and said "don't get any ideas" lol. Guess he was trying to throw me off lol.

One night I was dozing off and I felt him stroking my ring finger...he kissed my forehead and went to sleep. I knew the proposal was coming because we had discussed getting married and the only thing missing was a formal proposal.

On Christmas Eve, we had dinner planned with his adult daughter so I guessed he wanted me to be wearing the ring before we saw her. She is the only person in his family that we were concerned that she would not be supportive of us.

I noticed he kept going outside but I was busy baking lol. Just before we went out the door, he said "look, Santa came early!" and pointed to the table. I was in shock at the display and amazed that he had found time to do that or even came up with the idea. He said I had to eat all the lollies before I could open the box lol, but he was just kidding. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

I was in shock lol...Funny that even though you expect a proposal, it is so surreal when it actually happens.

His entire family (including daughter hehe) is happy that we are together and they have embraced me totally. They gave us Christmas and engagement presents and our social calender was so busy in the last week I was there. His daughter invited us to lunch a few days before I left and even sent me FB request.lol

Christmas dinner was a huge success! They loved my cooking and ohh my cake was a big hit! lol. I was so nervous about hosting the dinner, but it was a very special event for us and his family got to see another side of me.

It all feels like a dream...we have selected a date and looked at venues. His mom and daughter will be accompanying him to a venue today where he's likely to make a deposit, since we both love that location.

I finally have a big close family and I feel so loved. Everything about our relationship has been so effortless and we wholeheartedly believe that we will have a great life together.
                            Last edited by Petals; January 4, 2015, 10:49 PM.
                            Met Online : July 2013
                            Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                            2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                            3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                            Proposal : December 2014
                            Closed distance : February 2015
                            Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

congratulations !

Comment

Working...
                              X