Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What traditions are you having or had for your wedding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What traditions are you having or had for your wedding?

For our wedding we will have all the traditional clothing for one thing, like I will wear white, our wedding theme will be travel about the UK and USA, we are Christians and will have our church pastor marry us, but we are going to get married outside by the lake, we were going to indoors at the church, but we love the romantic setting of the lake. I love the traditions of Father give Daughter away, though mine can't come so my future father-in law will and then father/daugther dance is special, the usual things like bouquet toss and garter toss we will have. My question is what wedding traditions of your culture or religion will you be doing? Do you plan to be different and make your own traditions?

We're still figuring this out, as I want my dad to walk me down the aisle but hers probably wouldn't (for reasons...) so we might see if dad wants to walk us down at the same time (standing between us) or if mom or someone walks her down. Dunno yet. I don't wanna spend a ton of money on dresses so ours'll still be white but not be so ballgowny. Also veils are dumb because of the whole thing about them originally being for virgins and unveiling being like unpackaging your new property, and my hair doesn't style well, so I'd probably have some sot of fascinator or something I can just throw on there lol.

As for where, hah! We haven't even decided fully on which COUNTRY! Though if we did it here it'd be easier to bring the bigger part of our guest list.
    Met: Apr 2013
    Mutual interest: July 2013
    Relationship Began: November 6 2013
    First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
    Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
    Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
    Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
    Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

White dress, tux and bridesmaids/groomsmen we have decided on for the traditional "American" wedding that you see in movies - no bridesmaids or groomsmen in Austria. We might not do the garter toss, mostly because there will only be 2 single ladies and 2 single guys, which would make this a little awkward. Bouquet toss we will do, my kind of future mother in-law is going to make a smaller bouquet for tossing. There will be a dollar dance, where people can pay a dollar to dance with me. Kind of future mother in-law's husband is going to walk me down the aisle and give me away. My fiance is going to dance with my kind of future mother in-law and my mother in-law for the mother/son dance and I will dance with the man who will walk me down the aisle for the father/daughter dance.
      For the polish traditions of my family, I want to do the "change tossing" where you throw change at the couple's feet and they have to pick it up - whoever picks up the most is going to be the greedy one in the marriage. We might do the "bitter" chanting / hitting glasses with cutlery to make the couple kiss.
      I'd rather not do any Austrian traditions, mostly because they suck.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I guess we followed some traditional stuff- I wore a white dress, my dad walked me down, umm... we said vows...?

Mostly it was nontraditional. We married outside, in -20C weather. My friend got ordained online to do it for us. We had a few random drunks and their dog show up. After the wedding we went to watch my cousin play hockey. My SO's family watched via skype.

We had a great time

Comment

We are having a traditional Indian wedding (traditional Hindu wedding, to be specific), and his family is planning our wedding. Well... It's going to be as traditional as it can be, given that I am not Indian, and my father is too sick to attend our wedding. No male figure will be able to be there for me.
          Last edited by MyHindiHeart; February 14, 2015, 03:27 PM. Reason: I type too quickly.
          From America to India. ♥

Comment

Working...
          X