Non lingerie gifts for bridal shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non lingerie gifts for bridal shower

I got invited to a high school friend's wedding which I'm super psyched about. But I also got invited to her bridal shower, something I was honestly not expecting. I'm not trying to be a cheapskate (okay yes I am) but I'm not found of the idea of spending $80 on some lingerie. Especially since I plan on giving her $50 for the wedding or registry gift equivalent. So I'm trying to think of alternatives. Here's some ideas, please give me your opinions-

-Bath salts (homemade)
    -Message oils (homemade)
    -Lotion
    -Candles
    -Groupon to couples massage

I think they'd be nice, but I'm not sure. Last time I went to a bridal shower I got the bride (someone I didn't know very well) a set of nice measuring cups and spoons, and I felt ridiculously out of place. Hell, I was the only damn person without a bag from Victoria's Secret.

So thoughts about non lingerie gifts? Would any of those be acceptable? Thanks!

(not sure if it makes any difference, but I'm pretty sure all this- party, wedding, etc, will be pretty up-scale.)

For my friends bridal shower I got her a tea cup set and a camera strap. I think the bridal shower should be about the bride, yea lingerie is nice but it's kinda more for the groom is it not? What is she interested in?

Comment

if it is not a close friend, stay away from homemade stuff. I have given people I am not close with homemade bath salt and it got a bit weird.

Here, the big thing for bridal showers is not underwear (I have never even heard of that) but for people to chip in on a joint surprise - always something physical: often bungee jumping, or if the bride is of the more introvert kind: a gift card for massage or spa.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I would love to get something like bath salts, bubble bath, or lotion! Anything to relax Your ideas sound lovely!

sigpic

Comment

Maybe something for the feet like those foot baths with scrubs and lotion. Manicure/pedicure coupons. There's also tea light sets and oils that she may like, they smell good and look lovely in a home.
          "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
          Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
          Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
          First Visit: December 7, 2017
          Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Working...
          X