Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding dates!

First post, oh my dear!

For those planning, what date did you settle on?

For those married, when was your big day?

My OH and I chose May 7th! We get officially married this year in a private ceremony, and will be celebrating with a ceremony and reception in 2016!

Sometime this fall. No exact date yet!
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

January 24th

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Nov 2nd. 2/11/2012. I like ones and twos.
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

August 6th. It was our dating anniversary.

Comment

April 18th, 2015.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

09/08/2014

Comment

01/27/2015
                "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

When I married my husband, we chose 22.08.09. August 22nd closely resemebled when we started to officially date 5 years earlier. We had a small celebration on our wedding day, and a bigger party a month later.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

May 11th, 2017 or somewhere in that month.
                    First contact: March, 2014
                    Official LDR: June, 2014
                    Married since: August, 2017
                    “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

Oh wow! It's already more people than I thought would reply!

Congrats to those who've already gotten married! Good luck to the ones who will be married!

Comment

May 21st 2016. No significant reason for this date but we're doing a destination wedding so it's perfect weather wise for a g Arden morning wedding and breakfast reception.

Comment

August 22, 2015... We would have preferred to be married on our dating anniversary of April 17, but it didn't seem possible due to my then work obligation. We are exploring bringing forward our wedding to that date, but we'd lose our deposit on venue...we'll discuss further once I move there this weekend.
                          Met Online : July 2013
                          Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                          2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                          3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                          Proposal : December 2014
                          Closed distance : February 2015
                          Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

We want it to be on 11/09 (his birthday is 11/08 and mine is 11/10) but it's up in the air about this year or next year.
                            To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

November 1, 2014 -- 11/1/14. Four ones and a four, lol.

Our reasons - I wanted fall - the leaves, the colors, and, as it turned out, the snow! But, we're HUGE alabama football fans. Couldn't miss a game. Alabama had a bye week November 1st, and that's when the fall colors were projected to be turning where we got married. It ended up being REALLY pretty, and REALLY cold.

Honestly, it was a bit of a mess around that time. I kind of forgot that's the day after Halloween, though I'll never forget again, lol. It did give me a cool halloween costume though - Amy Pond, the day before her wedding. We did a pretty long honeymoon - 8 days in Orlando at Universal Studios. Then we were home for a week, then DH went to a conference for school/work for a week, then it was Thanksgiving. It was really a crazy time.
                              Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
                              Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
                              Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
                              LD again: July 24, 2012
                              Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
                              Married: November 1, 2014
                              Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X