Taking her ring shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking her ring shopping

Do you think its a good idea to go ring shopping with your SO to pick out an engagement ring? I mean I offered to go with mine so I could see her tastes and find her ring size etc.. good idea? or should I just pick one out myself and surprise her :o? I know she doesnt care about the actual ring and all but I want to give her something nice.. anyone have any advice to picking out the right one?

Mine came as a complete surprise...And I am sooo glad. It is beautiful and exactly what I love. He did ask me once...gold or silver? And I said...oooh white gold I love but never have gotten.

Simple as that....and he chose a perfect ring.

Then again...it was from his heart...any would have been perfect.
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

In my opinion i think surprising her would be a better idea, you don't have to actually take her ring shopping but maybe ask her questions on rings she might like or have her send you pictures on rings she might like. So ultimately you get to pick the ring, surprise her, she will be surprised, and she will love her ring. Everyone wins! :]

Comment

Well thank you for the feedback =] I suppose I can go ahead and pick one out myself after learning a bit more about what she likes.. I mean it could be a plastic ring for all she cares lol shes even told me that and I know its not about the ring itself but the meaning behind it. So wish me luck everyone =)

Comment

It is definitely the meaning behind it!!!

And you are welcome! I see you are from NY...me too!
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by L3m0n4d3 View Post
            Well thank you for the feedback =] I suppose I can go ahead and pick one out myself after learning a bit more about what she likes.. I mean it could be a plastic ring for all she cares lol shes even told me that and I know its not about the ring itself but the meaning behind it. So wish me luck everyone =)
            So true, definitely all about the meaning behind it! Good luck!

Comment

A surprise would be good...but I'm super picky...so it depends on the person haha.
              This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

We've been ring shopping x)

We dont even have any plans to get engaged in the immediate future, but it was fun

I found her finger size and what she likes and doesnt like. Gonna admit, I dont even remember her finger size anymore though.. Oops

We've spoke about like.. on out wedding rings, on the inside, on mine I'll have "Today, Tomorrow, Forever", but in Finnish, and on hers she'll have it in English (if it fits O_o) Stuff like that, too

Comment

This ring will be on her finger forever, take her! Both my ex husband and my husband have told me what they would have chosen and they sure weren't my style. Getting to go shopping did not make it any less special. It was special to be part of it! And fun lol.
                  I would have said yes to a plastic twist tie off a loaf of bread. If I would have been surprised I would have worn it proudly until I die. But am I glad I got to pick? Yes.

Comment

Well, a friend of mine got engaged a few days ago and we (me and my girlfriends) were talking about rings. We all agreed on that we are super picky and the best idea would be if a boyfriend asked his girlfriend's friend to go out with her ring shopping and ask her while shopping which ring she likes etc. Of course, that friend doesn't have to buy anything, she can say she will have a look in other shops later or whatever. It will be surprise and you can be sure she will like your choice

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post

We dont even have any plans to get engaged in the immediate future, but it was fun

I found her finger size and what she likes and doesnt like. Gonna admit, I dont even remember her finger size anymore though.. Oops

We've spoke about like.. on out wedding rings, on the inside, on mine I'll have "Today, Tomorrow, Forever", but in Finnish, and on hers she'll have it in English (if it fits O_o) Stuff like that, too
                      Size E Or was it I.. oh my, I've forgotten it too haha. Either one of those.. I remember being all "huh O_o" when they said what my size was because I didn't know they'd be.. letters Thinking it was size I now..
                      We should go ring shopping again when we're together Was so much fun ♥ but not to the shop with the crazy stalker woman! :o

Comment

Originally posted by L3m0n4d3 View Post
                        Do you think its a good idea to go ring shopping with your SO to pick out an engagement ring? I mean I offered to go with mine so I could see her tastes and find her ring size etc.. good idea? or should I just pick one out myself and surprise her :o? I know she doesnt care about the actual ring and all but I want to give her something nice.. anyone have any advice to picking out the right one?

I always thought I'd surprise Tanja with it but I don't think I'd have wanted to take that sort of chance - we've looked at rings online so I've got an idea of what she likes, it's a good job we did that tbh cause she wasn't really keen on the traditional engagement ring!

But likeyou say, if she's not too fussed about the ring itself then I'm sure a surprise would be be wonderful

Btw - isn't your SO registered on the forum too though...? Wouldn't that spoil the surprise somewhat?

We were gonna go this summer but it never happened! Maybe when I'm there in a couple of weeks

That won't fit on the inside of a ring! You know what the Finnish are like with their ridiculously long words haha!

Btw Sam, or more @ Elina this tbh - have you 2 talked about both of you having an engagement ring? From what I understand it's normal for the guy to have one in Finland too... Or would it just be Elina?

It's something me and Tanja have talked about so I'm curious to see what you guys make of it too
                        In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I'd say it depends on the woman. It's actually very common for the woman to help pick out the ring - over half of engagements, in fact. If you'd like the process of picking out a ring with her, I'd do that. If you know she'd like the whole "have some nice outing that ends in her seeing the ringbox in my hand", then go that route.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            That won't fit on the inside of a ring! You know what the Finnish are like with their ridiculously long words haha!
                            Hey, it might
                            I think there's more chance of the Finnish one fitting than the English

Btw Sam, or more @ Elina this tbh - have you 2 talked about both of you having an engagement ring? From what I understand it's normal for the guy to have one in Finland too... Or would it just be Elina?

It's something me and Tanja have talked about so I'm curious to see what you guys make of it too
                            Well I'd guess Elina would want me to have one too but.. I wouldnt be too keen.

I love her and would want everyone to know I'm married (due to wearing a ring), but I'll only wear the wedding ring because I have to. I hate wearing rings.. jewellery.. glasses.. watches.. anything.. on my body O_o

So, I wouldnt even wear a wedding ring if I had the choice But yeah, I'm sure I can do that for her. Not sure about two rings though

Comment

Hmm..

Today, Tomorrow, Forever
                              Tänään, Huomenna, Ikuisesti

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, it's not that much longer
                              But yeah, probably wouldn't fit but it'd be nice though!

Yeah, I would.. love it if Sam had an engagement ring too but.. like he said, he wouldn't wanna wear one so.. it'll be just me wearing an engagement ring. I don't really even know how it goes here to be honest.. my dad's only got one ring.. and I guess my sister's husband has got one too so.. I'm confused :| Guess guys don't usually have engagement rings, just the wedding ring? *shrug*

Oh well, as long as he'll wear the wedding ring *whistles* hah.

Comment

Working...
                              X