Wedding Date Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding Date Set

Recently I have noticed my SO has been referring to me as his fiancée more and more. We've talked about getting married next year and there were two dates we've been throwing around. I knew there wasn't going to be any big proposal or anything like that for us. It's been more of a comfortable "this is going to happen" situation for us.

While texting today, I asked him "So, do you consider us engaged?" Response "Yes, Love". No surprise that it was in his mind but he won't come out and say anything unless I ask - he'll just assume we're on the same page. So I asked him if he wanted to just set the date for 11/9/16 and he said that's the date he wanted and so yes. (Our birthdays are 11/8 and 11/10.)

Probably the most boring way any of you have read, but it's now set. When we're on vacation in a few weeks, we'll start to hammer out some details. We don't know right now if we'll be in NH or TX by that time but at least we can start making some decisions. And maybe, just maybe, he'll actually bring the ring with him this visit! LOL
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

I think that's an awesome date! And definitely not boring..... Hooooowever you are jipping yourself out of multiple gifts throughout the year, its like the poor kid who has their birthday in December and gets a combined bday/xmas gift

Comment

This is the complete opposite of boring!!

Hopefully he brings the ring, because PICTURES.

Comment

Not boring at all! I love patterns and I would have picked the same date myself!

Congratulations!!

Comment

He will never forget it!!!!!

Congratz!
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks everyone! He's wanted that date since the first time we were dating. He definitely won't forget it and we can make it a week long celebration each year.

If he brings the ring, there will be pics on here ASAP! (He'd probably wait until he was just getting ready to leave to give it to me though!)

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Wonderful news, congratulations! What a great date

Comment

Congratulations! And good idea for a date

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I love the date idea!! Congrats!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                  Married April 18th, 2015!!
                  Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

What a convenient and smart way to figure out the date! That's definitely something neither of you can forget Congratulations!

~
                    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                    The hands of the many must join as one
                    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

wooot!!!! How wonderfully awesome!!! Conrats to you both

Comment

Congrats! And awesome date ☺

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Congratulations!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Congratulations I'm really happy for you
                            Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                            All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Thanks again everyone! I asked one more time about the 2/14/16 date and he was like "No. We have a set date now and we're sticking with it!!" LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X