How would you propose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you propose?

I'm assuming there's plenty of us here who have thought about proposing to their SO or how they would like to be proposed to...

So how about you? Are you traditional? The guy down on one knee etc? Would it be in a public place? Or just the 2 of you alone? Would you plan to make a big occasion out of it or keep it low-key?

Spill
    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

I've had plenty of idea but I'm not gonna share them here 'cause she'll see

Depends where we are too.. I may take her on holiday specifically to propose (but she wont have a clue) or it might be in Finland..

I dont even know Need to pick from like.. 6 ideas I have -.-

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
      I've had plenty of idea but I'm not gonna share them here 'cause she'll see

Haha that's exactly my thinking too!

I've run over so many different scenarios in my head... where? How? When? I've also tried picking up on any subtle hints she's dropped whenever we've got onto the subject...

I don't want her to tell me too much about how exactly she'd like it tbh, cause I want it to be a moment that I've created rather than an attempt to get to as close as she expects it to be. I know she'll say it'll be special however it happens, but I wanna make sure it is

But if you think you were gonna get a few hints think again sweetheart!
      In a relationship with

My Albums:
      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I'd like it to be something small, just the two of us. Like asking me when we're sitting alone in the living room or something. He doesn't need to have the ring, though I know he won't propose without it.

I think I'd be mortified if he did something big and public. I mean, I'd say yes either way, but I don't think something like that should be turned into a big show. I'd probably even hate it if he proposed in front of just our families.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Traditional, I want him down on one knee with that black box. Preferably in a semi-private place. I wouldn't mind if he did it at a family function, but it would be nice to be during a holiday when I'm more relaxed and it's a special time.
          First date: 12.27.09
          Started the distance: 6.10.10
          Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

I want him to do something that will catch me off guard But I would love it to be traditional!

Comment

Originally posted by paulawriteslove View Post
              I want him to do something that will catch me off guard But I would love it to be traditional!

Yes! That's definitely something I want too, I hope she doesn't see it coming at all!
              In a relationship with

My Albums:
              Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
              My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Oddly enough i would love to be the one to propose to my bf, i think its something different and you could always remember for years and years (plus its a cool story to tell) but if it happens traditionally where my bf gets down on one knee with the pretty black box thats cool too :]

Comment

Originally posted by xMesmerize124 View Post
                  Oddly enough i would love to be the one to propose to my bf, i think its something different and you could always remember for years and years (plus its a cool story to tell) but if it happens traditionally where my bf gets down on one knee with the pretty black box thats cool too :]

Tanja wouldn't hesitate to propose to me I don't think but I've INSISTED on being the one who proposes... I'm in control mwhahahaha!!!! (for a change... )
                  In a relationship with

My Albums:
                  Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                  My dog Sam ♥

Comment

My only deal is I don't want it in a giant public setting. I'm too much of a private person.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

hmm... what I would love? some crazy romantic speech about how much he loves me etc. What he'll probably do? something completely non-romantic that he thinks is the most romantic thing in the world. That's just how he is, and either way, I'll love it.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

I'd like to do things a bit traditionally and have her be surprised.. I wish I could say what I want to do but my SO's lurks these forums as well :P

Comment

I always had this image in my head that it would be in New Zealand (where my SO lives). On top of a hill. In the middle of the night so that we could look at the bright city lights. I would be either holding her hand or holding her from behind before reaching into my pocket and getting the little box with the ring. I don't know if I would go down on my knees, but I did think about that.

Comment

I'd love a huge public thing haha... but I am a bit of an attention whore! xD

Comment

As being older...I have been proposed to...(ahh love....)5 times. And each time was unique and beautiful. I didn't say yes all 5 times...but let me tell you I was very surprised all but one time....expect the unexpected...
                              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X