Closing the distance through marriage 💍

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the distance through marriage 💍

My girlfriend and I have been together for nearly 3 years now, and are constantly speaking about how we will finally close the distance. We are meant for each other, and have always loved each other so much, and we often speak about marriage, kids, and all those types of things. I can't wait for the day that we finally get to move in together and move forward with our lives.

I just wanted to reach out and ask some members of this community whether or not they have gone through Marriage to close the distance? It would make it a whole lot easier to do this rather than having to apply for a whole bunch of working visas, or try to get sponsorship from specific companies.

We've spoken about getting "officially" married for this reason without having to actually have the celebrations right now. We want to be married, but we want to hold back on the celebrations with family & friends until later on once Jacque, my girlfriend, has graduated, due to her Nursing course being long.

But yeah, would love to hear from you guys!

Yeah, I have done that before, in 2004. My first SO and I got married after about 2 years on our fifth meeting. We had a small party with only her family and my parents. Then I took her to The Netherlands on a tourist visa for 3 months and when she went back to her own country, we started the procedure to get her to my country. That took about 9 months...
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

We knew we would not be able to be together unless we married. We got married about 2 years after we met! For us, we always knew we wanted to get married so it was only a logical step. I wanted to be married by 25 and he knew he wanted to get married and being 8 years older, the sooner the better lol

Honestly, do what works for you. I couldn't get work visas as I studied to become a primary school teacher and there is certainly no shortage in America for that super specific talent of mine, so we did what we had to do. Married for 3 years now and happy as ever!

Where is lucybelle when you need her.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
      X