LDR has encouraged engagement talks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR has encouraged engagement talks...

So there is one kind of sweet advantage that has come out of the LDR - we have started seriously discussing engagements. Like before when we were a CDR, it was always on the cards, but a lot further away.
    He has always expressed his wish to have a family young. As someone who is a little bit more career minded this has always freaked me out. He wants kids at 25 and I won't care if I don't start til 30 lol. I'm sure we can compromise.
    Anyway, so my way to deal with the distance and not having him around was to pretty much plan our wedding. Completely hypothetical and after we started discussing it started becoming less and less hypothetical.
    Anyway, I'm 20 and he's 21 - I like the idea of 23-25 to be married. We have discussed getting my ring made in Thailand, cause you get really good diamonds and gold over there alot cheaper than Australia, plus we would get a holiday and there would be a lot of good memories associated with the story behind the ring.
    I really don't like the idea of having a long engagement - to me engagement means you are planning a wedding. I personally don't think I would want to be engaged for more than two years. Too many of our friends are engaged to be engaged, and to me thats just not what its about. I have worn a promise ring on my other hand for 2-3 years and thats all I need until we actually start planning.
    Anyway, long story short he's been talking about wanting to go to Thailand sometime late next year 2011, I'm thinking early 2012... so I would be 21... and if he does pop the question it will be engagement at 21 and wedding at 22-23?

Haha anyway this is my story

Engagements are always exciting. As long as you're both willing to compromise on the children thing, it'll work out well. It's really important to be on the same page about family/child-rearing, as well as money, morals, etc.

It's funny how you mention the ring thing, my mate and I have discussed getting one here in the US because it's cheaper than Australia, too. XD

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Sweet story!

Engagements are a beautiful time...I love that I can call my man my fiance'...and at 41 I feel pretty funny saying "boyfriend"...haha
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

It's great to hear that you're LDR is leading to amazing things

Comment

So nice to hear!

Comment

ohhh lookie what I found after a bit of a google search after a recent chat!
            it's P.E.R.F.E.C.T.

Comment

we went ring shopping together tonight )))

Comment

AWESOME!
                NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  we went ring shopping together tonight )))
                  Aww! did you find anything you liked? How'd it go?

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

we're trying to find something like this: https://www.artdecodiamonds.com/prod...47&sortway=asc
                    but we're open to getting it custom made if we can't find one. I showed this pic to a girl at work and she said it looks very similar to another girl we work with's ring. I tried hers on today and loved it so she has refered me onto the lady that made hers who lives locally. I think I may go check her out tomorrow - but adam is working - it'll feel weird looking on my own... lol

Comment

Working...
                    X