Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to ask her

I've decided I'm going to propose.

I'm visiting her for the 2nd time (since dating) in March. The first meeting was at Christmas/New Years.

Background:
    We have known each other for about 8 years, through mutual friends. Every time I've visited America, we have tried to meet up. She also came to visit me in England a few years ago. In 2019 we decided to give dating a try and it has honestly been the best relationship either of us have ever been in. I've always been a bit sceptical of that feeling of "you just know" when you've found the one (I've also been sceptical of the phrase "the one" but this is how this feels).

I just know we are meant to be together and I am so sure that she feels the same that the though of a proposal isn't even making me nervous.

I originally wanted to propose when she visits me in London, but I actually think she might be expecting that, so I have moved it forwards to when I visit her in Arizona in March.

I have 9 weeks to get a ring sorted and plan how I'm going to do it, but I already have some ideas.

Anyway, I'm super excited and happy about my situation so I just wanted to share it with all you lovely people.

If anyone has any successful engagement stories, I'd love to hear them, especially if it's a UK/US relationship
    Met: November 2011
    Started Dating: 5th August 2019
    Next Meeting: 17th March 2020

Congratulations on deciding to propose.

Comment

I don't know that our proposal story would be of any use to you, but I'll share it anyway. ��
      I had known he was the one for a long time. I debated on proposing before we'd even met, but figured that would be jumping the gun. I thought about asking when I went to visit, but it never happened. A week after I came back from our first visit, I plucked up the courage and finally asked him online in a message. I sent it to him, explaining that nothing would change; I just wanted to demonstrate my commitment to him, and our relationship. I told him to take his time, as I knew it was coming out of left field for him. Within 2 days, he said yes. He told me that he loved me very much, and he didn't see it any different. He included an adorable song in his reply, which was the icing on the cake for me. We are now pulling ideas together for our wedding, which will either be in spring or summer of 2021. ��

Comment

How exciting! Congratulations on making this big step.

Our engagement story: Frank knew I would never like a public proposal. I hate attention and just thinking of a very public proposal for myself gives me anxiety. I think I had warned him in the years we were dating that I would not like anything public. I don't want anyone clapping for me, haha. We were living together and had been for about 9 months. He proposed in the middle of our living room at midnight on our 6th anniversary. It was very special and I wouldn't have wanted it any different.
        Read my LDR story!
        Facebook
        Instagram

Comment

Working...
        X