Covid (surprise) wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid (surprise) wedding

Few weeks ago, we did it. We tied the knot.
    Coming to USA to visit him during this pandemic, we didn't plan this at all. It was just a visit like i did a year before.
    Not until the roller coaster of life hit us.
    Its a very small wedding. A court house wedding with judge and two of our neighbor that been somehow very supporting even before i met him (yep he told them about me when we still chat online).
    It was totally unplanned. No bridal stuff, i bought the gown online, it was two size bigger. Bought the ring online as well lol We married at the court house gazebo.
    When the judge said that we are husband and wife, both of us kiss and we did hug and cried. I told him, i am glad i married my best friend ( and he cried for some more lol).
    We wish it could be better with families and friends around, but i think what matters, we both feeling happy.
    With stuff that happening around us, we still feel this is the best way. We can plan the huge wedding later, after all these pandemic bit cleared up and everyone can travel.

Congratulations uniquefem! Often the spontaneous things are the best!
    Often we imagine things different, but reality is harsh, especially these days, so I think you did it exactly right. Essentially getting married is about the two people saying their vows. Everything else is just details.
    Thank you for sharing your story with us! It's very encouraging!

Comment

Originally posted by MorgsLily View Post
      Congratulations uniquefem! Often the spontaneous things are the best!
      Often we imagine things different, but reality is harsh, especially these days, so I think you did it exactly right. Essentially getting married is about the two people saying their vows. Everything else is just details.
      Thank you for sharing your story with us! It's very encouraging!
      Thank you!
      True, i want to do K1 and or CR1. I am not young, and my family really want to see me getting married. But its just not what the reality. 3 days after i landed in USA my whole family contract delta, and it was the very scary 3 weeks of my life. Everyone, even the 13 months baby was sick. My mom went to ICU 3 times in a month because the covid made her kidney destroyed somehow.
      I was really depressed, and him and his family calmed me down saying the best not to rush and going back home wont do anything and putting me in high risk. Oh, then border closed completely.

Just weeks after that, after my family slowly recover. I still got devastated story that 3 of my best friends passed away because of covid. I lost contact with other 2 idk what happened to them. I feel so sad. And very depressed. Especially loosing a friend that extremely close to me like my sister, i cried in a mall parking lot like crazy where people stare me. I just cant believe how all of this death just one by one happened.

He told me one night, he cant loose me, he cant let me get back home. I cant stay lol i am on tourist visa. So we both trying find out what we can do. So answer is to get married and doing whole crazy paperwork afterwards.

So we did.

Its crazy, but it happened. From whole covid craziness i learned, do not over complicated your life. Life just fragile, and it can just gone like that when you dont even expect it.

Comment

Working...
      X