I'm afraid to propose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid to propose

My so and I get "married" all the time, after love making or just being silly, I'll be like "marry me" she'll say yes and we exchange vows, but nothing legal or anything. I know she's who I want to be with and next Thursday I'm taking her somewhere very special and I'm going up to see her for a day and I got reservations at a restaraut at this special place and I think it's the perfect spot to propose (taking her to sea world, got a table at the shark resturant where you can dine with sharks, sharks are her FAVORITEEE animals). I mean the place is private, a few tables, dim lighting, her favorite animals in a place we always talked about going since before we even dating so I think it'd be a full circle moment and this is the first time in a while we've gone anywhere and I just think it'd be perfect.

We always talk about getting married and havin kids we bothagree we're who we want to spend the rest of our lives with, but suddenly now that the trip is a week away I'm a nervous wreck about the proposal and now I'm suddenly like WILL SHE EVEN SAY YES, WHAT IF SHE DOESN'T THE WHOLE DAY WILL BE AWKWARD, WILL IT RUIN THE RELATIONSHIP and i'm like flipping out!

advice?!!?
    Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
    Starting Dating: 5.22.09
    Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
    Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
    Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

I think it's natural to be nervous when it's a big moment like that. Just take deep breaths, think of how things have been, and have faith and trust in your partner and your relationship.

And good luck!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I guess everyone who proposes is very nervous - it's a BIG moment and there's always a chance your partner might say no. But that's the risk you have to take and just trust in your feelings, in your partner and in the love you share. Sounds like you've thought it through carefully with the place and timing and everything so I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about.

Good luck

Comment

you make it sound so easy!!

Comment

It's a very scary thing! My SO and I have been together about as long as you and your SO have and we discuss marriage all the time and joke about it but we do plan on actually getting engaged some day! I think if you both talk about it even if it's just joking it's both on your minds, your SO may be thinking about it just as much as you are. I couldn't tell you when I thought would be the best time to propose but if it's already a joking topic for you guys it's already on both of your minds and maybe when the time is right you will just know! Good Luck, it's a big step!

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

I mean we're already at that point where she's already saying "when I get my job and we move in together, i'll pay for your school" and steading of saying "you" or "me" she and i are always like "we" or "our".

Comment

Honestly? Just ask. I mean, you've gotten to the point where you've decided to make it official, so you're almost 100% sure she's going to say yes. Otherwise, why go through the bother? You know deep down she'll say yes.

This is just nerves.

Also, please pass this idea on to my boyfriend. I will do naughty, naughty things to him if he'll take me to the shark restaurant at Sea World. (I love sharks too, and all manner of sea life, hence the name)

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I can understand why you would be nervous, but if you feel like it's the right time to do it, it probably is, and your proposal plan sounds perfect!

Comment

I'd love to pass on the idea to him!

Comment

It will all work out wonderful!!!!
                    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

It's completely natural to be nervous! Just take a deep breath and ask her Best of luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by loveonspeedial View Post
                        My so and I get "married" all the time, after love making or just being silly, I'll be like "marry me" she'll say yes and we exchange vows, but nothing legal or anything. I know she's who I want to be with and next Thursday I'm taking her somewhere very special and I'm going up to see her for a day and I got reservations at a restaraut at this special place and I think it's the perfect spot to propose (taking her to sea world, got a table at the shark resturant where you can dine with sharks, sharks are her FAVORITEEE animals). I mean the place is private, a few tables, dim lighting, her favorite animals in a place we always talked about going since before we even dating so I think it'd be a full circle moment and this is the first time in a while we've gone anywhere and I just think it'd be perfect.

We always talk about getting married and havin kids we bothagree we're who we want to spend the rest of our lives with, but suddenly now that the trip is a week away I'm a nervous wreck about the proposal and now I'm suddenly like WILL SHE EVEN SAY YES, WHAT IF SHE DOESN'T THE WHOLE DAY WILL BE AWKWARD, WILL IT RUIN THE RELATIONSHIP and i'm like flipping out!

advice?!!?
                        how'd it go??

Comment

Working...
                        X