Why Divorce Statistics Shouldn't Scare You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Divorce Statistics Shouldn't Scare You

This is one of the best pieces of advice I've heard about marriage and divorce, and it talks about why the statistics about marriage shouldn't blanket-scare you. Have a listen:

https://www.yourtango.com/201076914/...rce?cid=frisky

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Wow! That was really insightful. Its ironic that people do not tell you that statistic when you hear about the divorce rates. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable getting married that quickly off the bat anyway, so that makes me feel a little bit better

Comment

My parents are separated and going through a divorce right now, and it's been an ongoing factor of constant stress in my life for years now. I promised the day my mom told me she was leaving that I would never put my family through that because I know the pain of having to be part of something that stressful- it tears your life apart. Brandon's parents are high school sweethearts and they are still together, they give me hope. He has a happy family, and he says he would never put me through what my parents are still going through if we ever got married. My only dream in life is to have a happy family because I never got to have one when I was a kid, and he says he wants to make that dream come true.

Divorce statistics are higher then they've ever been, but so are the percentage of people who are actually happy in their marriages, and that gives me hope for my relationship.

Comment

Thanks for sharing - I've tended to be a bit anti-marriage because of the statistics, but data can be manipulated pretty easily sometimes. Good reminder of that...

Comment

I like this!

Comment

Really liked that..thanks for sharing.. its nice to hear something positive......even though I don't see marriage in my future, as I've already done all the hard stuff by myself, and found my soul mate.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
            And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

That man is such a smooth talker. I was charmed.

Comment

Working...
              X