My wedding ring- and our vows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wedding ring- and our vows!

Because of the distance and various other factors, we are each choosing our own wedding bands... I went out tonight and chose mine! It is being resized to fit my child-sized fingers, lol, but here is a pic of it:

Sapphire is my birthstone, but more than that I've always loved them, and I'm so excited to have them in my wedding ring!!

So, now that I have the wedding dress ready on the hanger, the ring on its way, and plane tickets to Scotland in hand... it's going to be reeeeally hard to wait until February, lol! I'm ready for this to happen like NOW!

Also, the registrar who will conduct the ceremony sent us a copy of the vows that will be said... I got so emotional just reading through them and imagining how soon we'll be up there, looking at each other and saying those words. Beautiful!! One of the options with the vows is to include this poem, which I'd like to do (will see if Scott agrees!) because I love what is said here, and I think it very well describes our philosophies about relationships and each other:

"If you can always be as close, and as happy as today,
    Yet be secure enough to grow, and change along the way,
    If you can keep for you alone, your love as man and wife,
    Yet find the time to share your joy, with others in your life,
    If you can be as one, and walk through marriage hand in hand,
    Yet still support the goals and dreams, that each of you had planned,
    If you can dare to always go, your separate ways together,
    Then all the wonder of today, will stay with you forever"

We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

What a beautiful ring...and I completely got misty eyed reading that poem!

Comment

well congrats and hope you both enjoy your lives together. And it is a beautiful ring.
      Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

Congrats :-). I love the ring its sooo beautiful and I'm tearing up over that poem!!! So lovely

Comment

Congrats!!! thats such a nice ring!<3

Comment

Congratulations, it's a lovely ring!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Congratulations...I agree...the ring and vows are beautiful!
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
              X