He won't let me invite hobos to the wedding! D:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He won't let me invite hobos to the wedding! D:

This is actually going somewhere :P, like usual I decided on a random title and I'll explain why right now. Enrique and I are discussing right now wedding for no reason at all :P. We get bored and discuss dangerous subjects at times @_@! Anyway, I discussed my dream of inviting poor homeless people off the streets to come to my wedding and eat my food (my "dream" is very recent since I've only recently considered marriage xD). Immediately he said no. He won't even compromise that I clean them, give them clothes, and give the drug tests ;_;! I can't have my fellow hobos at my wedding! D: (use to be homeless :P)

So that brings this up, anything you'll be doing for your wedding that's untraditional? Maybe get rid of a certain aspect, add in something, maybe even not have one. I do have another he agreed to. Replace the first dance with a first lightsaber battle ;D. Still want my hobos ;_;! (I feel so weird for posting this XP)

Originally posted by Darth_Taco View Post
    So that brings this up, anything you'll be doing for your wedding that's untraditional? Maybe get rid of a certain aspect, add in something, maybe even not have one. I do have another he agreed to. Replace the first dance with a first lightsaber battle ;D.
    Now I don't have this planned but I'm sure my SO would agree to this

I don't want to have a bridal party, other than my son and his son...I have 2 best friends and 4 sisters...can you imagine the fight over who gets to be maid of honor?? Other than that I don't really care. I used to really want to just fly off to Vegas and get married wearing a tank top, jeans and birkenstocks, but as I get older I think I should look a little more presentable

And sorry, I gotta agree with Enrique - No hobos at the wedding - but maybe serve them leftovers afterwards to compromise

Comment

OK I do not know how far apart you two are (not dug that deep yet), but certainly when me and my SO got married we had to work through some things, mostly wedding traditions and what we both expected a wedding to be like. In the end we tried our best to blend traditions, we had hymns during the service (which is not traditional it seems like here in the USA), and we had mothers light candles (not traditional in the UK, and still not sure of the meaning of it). Then at the reception we had a sit down meal (that surprised her family), but no dancing or music (surprise to mine).

That's how we blended two different wedding traditions.

Now as to the Hobo's, I can kinda see his point. Having scruffy, unwashed people attend your wedding may ruin your special day. However I can also see your point as you say you were once homeless.

So how about this compromise, No hobo's at the wedding. However you do give food to a homeless shelter, not just any food but food that you will be having at your wedding (possibly even some of the cake). You can also discuss giving time to helping the shelter (imagine serving food to the homeless in your wedding dress )
      Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

Bwahaha I feel like you're gonna have to let that one go... I was once not let in a house because my friend's roommate didn't want "any more dirty hippies in the house". We just wanted to sleep on the porch! but that's another story...

I don't have a wedding planned, but I feel like if we do make it that far we might have to have 2. One in my country, one in his (our friends/families too poor to travel to the others). Which would be awesome because then I'd get more use out of that dress!

Comment

we discussed this the other day and decided on a alice in wonderland/ vintage theme... lets just say things are going to be wierd I want to label everything- like "drink me" on the wine glasses, "sit on me" on the chairs, "Marry me" on my wrist He really likes Margritte, so we are having bowler hats, mustaches and monocles on a stick for wedding favours. We picked the theme so we can just add the most random things possible and it will fit the theme

my oh my we had a lot more ideas then that but I can't seem to remember... he wants to ride a penny farthing there, you know the bikes with the MASSIVE front wheel and the seat is on top of it... we'll see how that goes! Otherwise, we are having no religious aspects at all, and are considering having City BBQ for the food at the wedding reception, as wedding food tends to be awful and City BBQ is amazing I think I'm having a best man too instead of a maid of honour

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I want more of a traditional wedding myself. I'd also like to do Unity Sand.

Because the flames of a unity candle are extinguished, with sand: The grains cannot be separated.

I'm very into symbolisms of weddings and the like.

Chris said he wanted to have doves at the wedding, as romantic as that would be, it would be very inconvenient... But I told him if he really wanted birds he could go out and catch pigeons or quail.
            xD

Comment

We're not engaged yet (though that is in our future) but we've spoken about marriage a heap. We plan on having two small weddings, one in Australia and one in England. I'm quite excited by the idea lol, I think it'll be really nice to be able to have different weddings, different sets of photos, themes... all that.
              Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

I liked the hobo thing, that's so something I'd want to do! But I can see the drawbacks and how many things could go terribly wrong too. The lightsaber thing is awesome though, for sure.
                Obi and I haven't had much of a chance to talk weddings as yet, but I'm pretty sure the list of stuff he vetos will make its way to this thread!
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I knew I'd be back!

One thing I know for sure I want is a "bridesman" in my bridal party. One of the people I want in my bridal party is a bloke... but that shouldn't matter right?
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I have two boys..and I want them to walk me down the isle instead of my dad..and give me away.. kinda sweet huh?!?!? oh, and it will be on a mountain

Comment

Although the hobo's thing sounds nice I think donating for favors is nice. You can donate food or just money. Much better than giving people some random wedding favor that they wont even use.

My boyfriend and I have talked about weddings and he said some outlandish things. I forget what the big thing was that I was like HELL NO! He was suggesting totally untraditional things for the ceremony like no vows just some stupid music or something. I don't quite remember but I got angry that he kept suggesting it. Just like he was trying to convince me to name our eventual children Chuck Norris and some other equally outlandish name.
                      I want it all pretty traditional the only thing i want a little different is "bridesmen" I guess you would say. I want my brothers to stand by me and his sister(s) (He has three but is only close to 1) to stand by him. It just doesn't make sense to me that his sister is standing next to me at the altar and not her brother. I love her but it just doesn't make sense except for numbers. I don't even care if it's my two brothers and all three of his sisters or just the one and we have unequal sides. I believe you should have the people you care about with you when you get married.

Comment

I haven't really thought much about my wedding. I think that instead of a wedding cake I want cupcakes or something simple like that. And I want a smaller wedding, with only close friends and family. None of that second-cousin-that-you-never-hear-from-but-he's-close-to-your-aunt-so-you-should-invite-him-anyways kind of deal. I want to know the people at my wedding, though if they have an SO they want to bring that I haven't met yet I'll make an exception.

Other than that, I'm pretty flexible. Not sure what my SO wants, we haven't really talked about it.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                        -- Anonymous

Comment

https://https://www.greatwhitesnark....-wars-tribute/

Just giving you some more ideas for your off beat wedding...looks like they chose lightsaber battle as well

Comment

Originally posted by LostInLove View Post
                            I haven't really thought much about my wedding. I think that instead of a wedding cake I want cupcakes or something simple like that. And I want a smaller wedding, with only close friends and family. None of that second-cousin-that-you-never-hear-from-but-he's-close-to-your-aunt-so-you-should-invite-him-anyways kind of deal. I want to know the people at my wedding, though if they have an SO they want to bring that I haven't met yet I'll make an exception.
                            aaaah we are the same way! I think the limit is 30 for us. The good think is, as all of my family lives in either England or Spain, so I don't have to invite them! I have a huge extended family who would be upset if I didn't invite them otherwise if I married in England. So I think the problem will boil down to My SO's family being a pain, but hey the trouble we are going to have to go through to even GET our wedding, I will invite as few or as little guests as I want! I just know I will be a bridezilla... KNOW IT!

Last night I think we decided we were going to send out those telegrams as save the dates too. so cuuute!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've already been married (Married at 17 - Divorced at 20) So, I really don't want a wedding when Eric and I get married. I want to just get the marriage license, probably just go to the town hall (Or wherever it may be in Florida) and get it done there. Eric's only opinion on the matter was that he didn't care how we did it, as long as at the end of the day, he can call me his wife. All he wants is to marry me.

However, we did agree that we would have a huge get-together/party with friends and family (who could attend) to celebrate our marriage.
                              A huge wedding is not something he cares about, which is great because it doesn't matter to me anymore either and quite frankly, I (personally) think it's a waste of money. I don't want to start our marriage off in mutual debt from a wedding! I can think of more important things to spend that money on.. Like a baby! =D

Comment

Working...
                              X