Bridesmaid dresses!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridesmaid dresses!

We've covered wedding dresses...but what about the bridesmaids? What styles do you prefer? Long or short? Colors? Is it okay for the bridesmaid to wear white as well? Give all your thoughts and suggestions here! =]

My fiances sister got married last summer. Their colour scheme was black and white with brightly coloured flowers. (Each bridesmaids flowers matched the groomsmens buttonhole - it looked awesomr!)

Each bridesmaid had a very differnet look and shape so each of their dresses were slightly different. Because they were all in black it looked REALLY good!

I like that idea, not all bridesmaids are the same so I think it'd be nice to have their dresses matching, but suited to them too.

Personally I wouldnt have my bridesmaids in white too.

Short or long depends on season - and again the bridesmaids.
    Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

i am anti "wedding party" but if i wasn't, i would wish for long dresses, same color but not all matching, and not in any possible shade of white.

Comment

I would want them to have knee-lenght-dresses, but I'm not set on a color yet, since I still have a few years to decide on that and because my mond changes too often. if I had to choose right now I would either take a mint-green or a peach-colored dress

Comment

Respectfully speaking, I don't think there's any good bridesmaid dress that's labeled a bridesmaid dress. The biggest excuse you'll hear is that "and then you can wear it to other events". To what events, the Bridesmaid Dress Event? Lawn mowing competition in formal wear? It never happens.

I think the best bridesmaid dress is a nice dress the person picks out themselves that they would actually wear to something nice.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
            i am anti "wedding party" but if i wasn't, i would wish for long dresses, same color but not all matching, and not in any possible shade of white.
            Yes. Yes. and Yes.

Comment

I'm really picky when it comes to what my bridesmaids will be wearing.

As for color, I think I want my maid of honor in a Wine red color, the other girls in Champagne/cream. I want them to have straps and to be knee-length.

In other words, nothing like my long, strapless Ivory colored with beading dress that I would like. Some people have insinuated that that's a bit selfish to demand that, but I don't really want my ladies looking similar to me in any way. It's my fiancé and I's special day after all.

Comment

I don't really want a bridal party either, but if I broke down and had one, I'd probably try and get this dress:
                https://https://www.twobirdsbridesma.../dress/classic

They feature it on my secret obsession tv show, My Fair Wedding and I love how it looks on everyone...That way each bridesmaid could pull off the most flattering look for them.

Comment

I'm not even engaged yet (yet, being the operative word - engagement ring shopping this week!) but my bridesmaids (best friend + my two little sisters) already know what they are wearing (well my best friend does, dunno about my sisters).

I'm just going to ask them to go out and buy an aqua (or there-abouts i.e. teal, aqua, and shades in between) dress. If I had any preferences it would be that I would tell them I would prefer it cocktail/tea/knee length and in chiffon or lace.

I'm not too fussed about shoes but I would probably ask them to buy either matching or very simple silver or white strappy sandals, ballet slippers or heels. Whatever suited the dresses.

The reason I like non-matching bridesmaids as it allows the personality of each bridesmaid to come through, plus I personally would feel silly telling someone what to wear and then getting them to pay for it. This way they can pick something they will wear again and something to suit their budget. I think non-matching bridesmaids look sweet and would tie in with an antique, romantic theme.

Comment

Well for who I have in mind for my bridesmaids, they will be in England, so there is no way I could go shopping with them. I was thinking I could either get their measurements, order online and get the dresses sent to them so they could get alterations, or send them a swatch and they get whatever dress they want in that colour. I wouldn't want to force them to wear something they weren't comfortable in, so as long as they got the right colour, I would be fine with that.

As for colours, I have no Idea yet. I think we've narrowed it down to a clover, victorian lilac or violet. My SO was gunning for blue, but he wants everything to be blue, and everyone would expect that so NO BLUE!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

These are my bridesmaids dresses https://www.ellie-wedding-dress.com/product_1089.html
                      I like the idea of white dresses ^^
                      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Well I'm way off from engagement/marriage, but I would like all bridesmaids to just get a dress and look nice. I don't even know that they have to be matching. Maybe if they all got dresses with flowers. That'd be nice I guess=)

Comment

https://www.davidsbridal.com/Product...s-New-Arrivals

These are my bridesmaids' dresses - in the same Apple red color, too. My bridesmaids love it and played a big hand in my decision-making process. It was just important to me that they got a dress that they wouldn't mind a.) paying the money for b.) wearing again.

I went with short dresses because my wedding is in June and also because that's less expense for them toward having alterations done. Even though all three of my ladies are wearing this dress, I certainly would have been okay with them having different dresses that were the same color. I personally wouldn't pick white dresses for them, but I think that some bridal parties could make it work.
                          My heart belongs to a pilot!
                          ~*~
                          ~*~
                          [/center]

Comment

As I am eloping...!! I don't have to even think about this....I have been down this road before..it was great though to see all of your ideas tho!
                            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Okay so those talking about white bridesmaid dresses... I think this was done really well

Otherwise, these are some other dresses I like cause I like mismatched bridesmaids

Comment

Working...
                              X