Bridesmaid dresses!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.victoriasbridalcouture.c...c277602_3.html

I'm in love with this entire website....bridesmaid dresses AND bridal gowns! All are gorgeous =]

Comment

Hey ladies
      I've got a question and this might sound a little stupid, because I suppose everybody should know that, but... I don't Anyways...
      Do the bridesmaid's pay for their dresses? And do they choose them or do I get to choose them? And how many bridesmaid can one have? Is it always the same amount of bridesmaids or does it depend on how many the bride wants?

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleLove View Post
        Do the bridesmaid's pay for their dresses? And do they choose them or do I get to choose them? And how many bridesmaid can one have? Is it always the same amount of bridesmaids or does it depend on how many the bride wants?
        hehe Well really YOU get to decide all that. Traditionally the bridesmaids do buy their own dresses (which is why they get pissed off if they're real ugly) You pick the dresses, but can definitely let the bridesmaids put in their own opinions. Usually dress colors are picked to match the wedding colors, length/style to best fit the location and season. And you can have as many or as few bridesmaids as you want. Some brides don't have any, and some have a ton. Since I'm a girl I've already picked all mine out, and there's 6 (my sister and best friends)

Comment

Generally the number of bridesmaids balances with the number of guests you expect to have. So, if you're having 200 guests, 10 bridesmaids isn't unreasonable, for example, while if you're expecting less than 50 people, 10 bridesmaids would look odd.

I'm having 4. Well, three bridesmaids and a bridesman, and expecting no more than 50 guests.
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I've always thought about the bridesmaid dresses because it's so hard to make a lot of people happy! For my dream wedding I want a simple black and white wedding. So the bridesmaid dresses would be in black, knee length, maybe a ribbon with an accent color (like blue) and then the groomsmen would have a blue flower. lol idk

Comment

*sighs* I don't want a wedding party just an intimate wedding between my future husband and me, but if I had to choose a wedding party i don't know who would be in it as my two best friends who are getting married soon, they want me to help them with their weddings and planning the bachlorette parties, but they don't want me apart of their wedding so they definitely won't be in my wedding. Then unless things change i'll have to plan something else out.

Anyways on to the topic, I would let my bridesmaids choose the dresses they want, but in the color I want and it to be at least knee length. As for color I really don't know.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I think when it comes to these, less is more. I have worn one too many horrific bridesmaids dresses in my day and I don't want to put my girls through that!

I will definitely go with a shorter dress (so they can actually wear them again) & I also think I will have a few options. (ie: tube top, halter, different straps, etc.) that way they can each pick the style they prefer and is more flattering on them as opposed to me just picking one standard look. As long as they are all the same color, I'm good.
                Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Working...
                X