Lets talk receptions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
    I wonder how hard it really is to make the cake yourself, or something. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a cake. I wanted to do cupcakes, but Obi vetoed that one. The cake is apparently an important tradition. Maybe I should start practicing now lol.
    i think making the cake yourself is a very nice idea it can be a joint project with many members of your close circle, and can be done a few days in advance plus, you'll get the joy of eating the cake YOU like hehehe

there are many books on the subject for the recipes and decoration, and some are quite cheap, so if you usually bake, that shouldn't be too much of a problem just have a few tries beforehand, its the decorating part that would be the tricky one in my opinion..

the bright side of this is you'll be having cake often
    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

I never thought about making the cake on my own. Maybe because I'm really bad in baking But I should consider it, since it'll be alot cheaper.
      But I mean, I don't want to have the cheapest wedding either. You only get married once (well, at least thats what Im hoping for) and I don't want to make any compromises Because my dream wedding should alos become my real wedding and this one might be a little expensive

Comment

It's sort of funny that we will have it directly opposite to you all.
        We'll most likely have a big(ish) ceremony and a medium (I want a small one, he'd invite 100000people if he could) reception/party.

We're planning a winter wedding so there'll be mulled wine, honey beer and rather rich/heavy food. I'd prefer a menu with 2-3 dishes that everyone can choose from over a buffet, because I don't like the hectic that comes with buffets and everyone having to get up, stand in line, etc.
        My boyfriend has sort of already decided on this place: https://www.chotynia.pl/index.php?site=16# but I'm not so sure and we still have 3 years to plan. I'd like "my guest" to arrive a day or to before the actual wedding so we can show them around Warsaw and prepare them for the (half) Polish wedding.
        My boyfriend's mum sings in a band and she/her bandmates are giving the music to us as a present, so we don't have to worry about that.

It would be cool to have some sort of activities/games, nothing organised, though. I was thinking about gloves for a snowball fight, sledges and things.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Working...
        X