Let's talk ceremony!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh! Just like the Celtic ceremony I described

Y'know I kinda thought it was a similar kind of thing, with the addition of a binding (or similar) spell. Thank you

And thank you Trethsparr for the unity candle explanation. Wow those really are some ornate candles on that website!

I know Zephii, totally in love with it. Just hope we can afford it.
    Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

I haven't given it a whole lot of thought, mostly because it's far away and I know my future husband will probably have a say in it too. That said, my mom is DYING for me to have a destination wedding. It's a tempting idea, especially if my LDR works out in the long run because then we wouldn't be favouring either family. Dunno though, we'll see when it happens.

I am leaning towards not having any bridesmaids, or just a maid of honour and a best man. I hate having to pick between my friends, so right now I have one best friend and it would be easiest just to pick her. That said, The Boy has two best friends....and then it get's complicated o_O. Maybe no bridesmaids/best men would be the best option......

Meh, too many options that need the second half of the equation to help decide. I'll plan later.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
      -- Anonymous

Comment

I really love the idea of the Celtic ceremony! It sounds beautiful!

Comment

So I found a good idea I wanted to share Me and my SO are going to have to have a small legal ceremony in America before we plan a proper big non-legal ceremony in England, because of the visa restrictions. We've found a beautiful hall in Chicago Cultural Center, which does civil ceremonies on a Saturday for just $10- here is a picture:

Beautiful right?? But the ceremony only takes 5-10 minutes, and there is no room for us to say our own vows or anything. We were thinking, we could go find another area of the cultural center building and say our vows there then go take photos, then I stumbled upon this other idea:

The Wine Box Ceremony.

Basically, You get a wooden wine box, either just a basic one, or you can get one specially made. You place your favorite bottle of Wine and 2 glasses in it. Then the night before the wedding, the both of you write a love letter to each other and seal it. During the ceremony, you both place the love letters, plus photos and whatever other mementos such as a CD etc you want in it, then the bride and groom either nail or lock the box shut. The box is then next opened on your 10th anniversary. The only other time it should be opened is if you are going through a rough time in your relationship- you can open the box and read the letter your partner wrote to you, and remember why you fell in love and got married in the first place. There are a few examples here: https://www.celebrateintimatewedding...ylovebox2.html or https://stores.debskeepsakeweddingst...ony/Detail.bok . There are some great handmade ones on etsy too, with already drilled in holes to make the ceremony go smoother.

But this is great for us, as it gives us something extra special after our 5-minute wedding, and we're not religious at all, so the unity candle etc doesn't mean much to us as a couple. We are going to change this tradition I think. We like the idea of opening it every year on our anniversary (we want one which locks, not nailed shut), drinking the wine and reading the letters we wrote. Then we can add a letter every year, as well as take a photo every year and add it to the box. It will be cool to see how we change, and our kids will be able to see too Cool right? I'm just hunting for a box we will both like now! haha

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Aww I LOVE that addition of opening it every year. Very cool.

And the hall is stunning - will make for some beautiful photos I'm sure
            Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Handfasting is a must for my SO and I because we're both Wiccan, although that's really the only thing I have planned ^^; depending on where it'll be held I'm definitely debating an outdoor wedding though.

Notes:
              Met: 8.17.09
              Started Dating: 8.20.09
              First Met: 10.2.10
              Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Working...
              X