An adorably cuddly proposal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An adorably cuddly proposal!

I went to see my LD boyfriend for Spring Break and he proposed!

The night I got there, I got in late, so when we got to his house we were laying in bed together and we started talking about how much love and value each other, how grateful we are to have each other and how lucky we feel. He then said, "I was going to do this later and set everything up all cute, but I just feel like right now is the right time." He went to his closet and pulled out a teddy bear and a card, handing me the card first. It was a sweet note about how much he loves me and how I make him feel and said "I've owed you a real one of these for a long time" (as we were virtually engaged when we first started dating five years ago) and at the end of the card said "P.S. Squeeze the left paw." The bear was a green bear from Build-A-Bear, (see him here) St. Patrick's themed with a shamrock on it's nose because my hubby's birthday is St. Patrick's day. It also had this cute little leather Harley jacket, because my boyfriend is a gearhead and loves cars, and it was the closest he could get to something car related. So I squeezed the left paw and out came this little recorded message that said, "Cassandra, I love you with all my heart, and I want to be your lucky charm forever. Will you marry me?" <3 <3 <3 And the ring box was tucked inside the bear's jacket =] It was absolutely adorable, and the ring is gorgeous (see it here)! I'm so lucky! The only sad part is that my break was only a week and I had to leave the ring there to get it sized, so I don't have it right now, but still, I'm so happy!

And yes, I'm only nineteen and he's twenty-two so we're not planning on having a wedding anytime crazy soon. We both want to finish college and have fairly steady jobs before we get married. But ah! It's so exciting! I've been in love with this man for six years, he's been with me through everything and has saved my life more times, talked me down from more ledges, and talked me out of abusive relationships more times and more than anyone else ever has. I'm soooooo excited and thought I would share!

Who says long-distance relationships are less valid and don't last? (A lot of people I know, but they're so wrong!) I hope this gives other people hope too!

OMG! cute! congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations! The bear is super cute, and the ring is beautiful!

Comment

Congrats. =] I'm also 19 and engaged to a 23 year old. :P

Comment

Congrats, how cute!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

How sweet! Congratulations!

Comment

THAT IS ADORABLE!!! Your story brought tears to my eyes....congratulations! :'D

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

That's such a cute idea!! Good on him And congratulations!
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Wow! That is an amazingly cute proposal! Huge congratulations!
                  Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Congratulation!!:-D

Comment

That is so sweet! Congratulations!
                      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                      Made it official: September 17, 2010
                      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                      Got married: November 21, 2012
                      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

That is super adorable and very creative! The ring is absolutely amazing!!! Congratulations!

Comment

congrats and that was really sweet

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

awwwwwww Congrats!!!
                            "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
                            Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Congrats. Very cute.

Comment

Working...
                              X