This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridesmaids dresses

I'm almost scared to post this, but I don't know who else to ask.

Now, I think I've decided on the bridesmaids dresses I want, I just have to find them in a decent price because I respect my girl's budgets... but.. Uhm... Everything I've read says "Choose a dress style that will flatter your largest bridesmaid". And that makes sense... but my bridal party is splattered all over the place and I wont see my largest bridesmaid before my wedding.

I can't go shopping with them. It's nearly impossible unless I leave everything til the last minutes and I don't want to risk that.

So my question is: How do I know what styles will suit my larger friends? All the models in the magazines and all the maniquins are skinny!

I feel the injustice of this.

Please help.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

I wish I could help. Maybe talk to the bigger bridesmaid and ask what kind of dress she likes? I just googled bridesmaid dress for plus size and a bunch of pics came up. If she sees something she thinks will flatter her you can go off of that and tweak it a bit to suit your taste as well.

Comment

You're a McGenious! Why the hell didn't I think of that? Thank you lol

Comment

What I am doing is giving them a color and a basic style (floor length not strapless ect) and then letting them choose there own dress

Comment

one usually knows what type of cut in a dress works best your figure, so i'd let your bridesmaid describe (and send photos) of what would be best for her, and then you can use that as guidelines for choosing the final actual dress
          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

queen latifah is some1 that you should have as a guide.

She always dresses accordingly for her body and she's also pretty busty so if you have a bridesmaid like that she also helps. Look into her style and then try to find a dress similar to them.

here are a few examples:

Comment

I don't know if you are interested in this, but you can pick out a certain brand of dress with various styles. Pick out the color you want from that specific brand, and have all your bridesmaids pick from the different styles that brand offers in that color. They will all be the exact same color, which will give a uniform look, but the style that they pick will be the most flattering for their individual figure. Just an idea.

Comment

look up online styles to fit every body. Seventeen magazine has a section every issue about what to avoid for different body styles, which you can apply to dresses.
                good luckk(:

Comment

in my opinion, being that we live with so much technology at our disposal, i say either:

1. if you are clueless about style, length, or color, allow all your bridesmaids to go try on a couple dresses of their liking in their price range and have them send you the pictures so you can see if there's a common dress or pick what you thinks looks best on your "limiting factor" (i'm a scientist so i thought it was a nicer term)
                  2. set some limiting factors (style, length, and color) but again let the bridesmaids try on what they like/feel comfortable wearing in their price range and send you pictures
                  3. pick out dresses and have them go to a department store/bridal boutique/dress shop and try them on and again send you the pictures to compare

hope this can help!

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                    X