Buying a dress before...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a dress before...

Every year my office takes its employees (who qualify) on a cruise as a reward for hard work, so every year I know I have to find a dress for formal nights. I look all the time because I am a serious bargain shopper and since I like new dresses, I like to find them as inexpensive as I can

So I am looking at the clearance section of a website at their cocktail/social dresses and come across a dress. I love it. It's beautiful. It's simple and elegant and it's a wedding dress on clearance for $39.00. $39.00??!!!???!!!

Now I am clearly not looking for one quite yet as my SO and I are not officially engaged. However we have discussed marriage many, many times and are in agreement that this is where this relationship is going.

So is it crazy to want to buy it now? I could always justify it as wearing it for another occasion, or even look into dying it a different color but I love it and could see myself facing him wearing the dress on our big day (whenever that might actually be...)

I don't think there's anything wrong with buying it now. The price is right! Don't let it slip away, I'd say go for it...it's not every day you find a deal like that! =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

$39?! Go for it. Like you said, you can always try dyeing it if you end up not using it as a wedding dress, and if you love it then why not?

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
      -- Anonymous

Comment

I'd say go for it. If down the line you get engaged and your preferences change and want something different its not like you spent a lot of money.

Comment

Buy it.
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

$39.00? You can't not buy it!
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I felt weird buying it without talking to my SO because I was afraid he'd think it was a little crazy...he said to go for it...so I did! Here's the link to the dress. Plus I found a gift card that I had about $12 left on it so I spent a little less on it...
              https://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx...298|73299&sa=1

Comment

I would definitely buy it if it won't cause you to struggle financially. Its not a lot of money but for some people it could be. I mean you don't find a deal like that everyday!!!! Oh did you show him the dress? I can't see the image but the reviews sound good.

Comment

I asked him if he wanted to see it and he said no because he was superstitious about it...I did go ahead and buy it. I'm so excited but now I have to be patient and wait for the ring and the formal proposal He said why not go ahead and be prepared, and for the price, you can't beat it!

Comment

I would have bought it without telling my boyfriend. It's an occasion that's too hard to pass, so buying it was definitely the right thing to do.
                    It doesn't look too wedding-dress-ish, either. It's something you can wear on a normal formal occasion, too.

I would have been top scared, that my boyfriend thinks I was turning into bridezilla years before I was going to be a bride, to tell him, though.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
                      I felt weird buying it without talking to my SO because I was afraid he'd think it was a little crazy...he said to go for it...so I did! Here's the link to the dress. Plus I found a gift card that I had about $12 left on it so I spent a little less on it...
                      https://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx...298|73299&sa=1
                      pretty! I'm glad you bought it!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X