Really small weddings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really small weddings...

So.. I have a tight budget.. and I'm planning my wedding...but there are a few issues.......

My bf and I are catholics, except he's only been baptized, I've had all the different sacraments done except marriage. SO.... there are all this requierements for catholic weddings and thankfully, my family is really close to a priest and he's being really kind to help us solve the MANY issues we have regarding Time and church requirements.

But... it all means that my wedding...which is only going to have 30 people... is going to be at a huge church. like.. we're only planning to decorate the first 3 benches of each side... and there are probably like 40-50 benches...

So i have an issue.. its going to be a LONG walk to the altar without people or flowers...

there's a side door to the church, but its midway so, its not particularly close to the first 3 benches. and that means i go in through one side and then i have a shorter albeit still long walk without people or flowers.

So... how should i work this out... so that i dont feel like an ant in the middle of a ballroom? ideas?

I think that your idea of using the side entrance is a good idea. Is there a smaller church that you could use or maybe a chapel. You could even do it outdoors maybe I'm not sure about the Catholic wedding since a lot of it has to do with the priest and the altar.

Comment

yeah the side door is probably where i would go in.. and yes the priests can only do the ceremony inside a church. My issue is that i can only do it in that church because i have a few issues regarding the time and the requierements of the church and the priest is helping me a lot to let me do all those things. So altho there are other churches or smaller chapels, then that would mean that my priest will only be able to do the ceremony for me, and not help me with all those issues that i have. I would have to talk to some other priest which i really dont know, and therefore might not be as understanding as this one. its a big complicated issue..

so... i thought just a few mins ago.. that maybe people could just like wait by the entrance until i get there.. and then like... sort of line up to kinda make a little passageway for me to go through.. but then i just dont know how all of that will work out...

but anyways.. thats kinda what im trying to look for.. like a way to not make it seem like im walking thru an empty church.. lol

Comment

Walk out of the side entrance at the front? There's usually an exit on one of the sides of the church on the front row.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
        X