Finally officially ENGAGED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally officially ENGAGED!!!

My SO and I have known we were getting engaged since January, because of Visa issues we need to be engaged and marry to close the distance. And yesterday, he PROPOSED!

I had my suspicions last week, when he said "Next Monday, we should have a picnic and go for a walk in the park"- he never plans ahead you see. ever. So I was like "hmmmmmmm" and then he kept mentioning how the weather was supposed to be really nice so there would be lots of people around, looking worried, so I KNEW something was up, but didn't want to call him out on anything.

After 5 months of not seeing each other, I arrived at Detroit airport, and he welcomed me with a bouquet of roses we had a really nice evening and when I was in the shower (20 hours of traveling eeeeew) he had filled our bedroom with candles and had made me chocolate covered strawberries

Yesterday morning, I had him up at 4am, because my body clock is still 5 hours ahead. And we went shopping, got my temporary phone and got CityQ- my favorite. Then he said "why don't we go to the botanical gardens and pick out some locations for our photo session?" So I agreed and we went and ate and walked around, pointing out places. I saw this gazebo thing and walked over to it and he followed, then I was saying how the gazebo would be nice to take photos in, and he suddenly hugged me tight. And he said "You're my best friend" and kissed me, then I went to hug him again but he pushed me away and I got all pouty.... but then he started reaching for his shirt pocket.... and I was going 'OMGOMGOMGOMG" in my head. And he told me he loved me and he wanted to spend the rest of forever with me..... and got down on one knee and said "would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me"

I accepted of course and we kissed and hugged for the longest time. Everything was perfect., just the way I wanted it Apparently he had wanted to do it in the English Garden, but there were people about, and when he saw me going to the gazebo, which was deserted, he took his chance there The he said we had to go home because my parents were waiting on skype haha.

It was so amazing! I am so happy right now, my face hurts from smiling so much!

EDIT:
    Here's the ring!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

AWWWWWWW that's beautiful, congratulations!!
    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

blame it on pms or whatever, but reading this made my eyes all tear up. it's just lovely to hear about couples making it despite distance or anything, congratulations!

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Congratulations! How sweet. So happy for you!

Comment

What a beautiful story, congratulations!!!!
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats! =]

Comment

Awww yay! I am so excited for you guys! (And thanks for all the details )

Comment

Congratulations, that's so sweet!

And also, show us the ring! Please

Comment

Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Congrats and that's sweet how he did it!

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your happy story also!

Comment

Thanks guys and I will go shoot over to the engagement ring thread and put mine up haha I posted it in the vet section and my sleep-deprived brain forgot to add it over here :/

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations!!!! What a beautiful proposal and ring!!

Comment

Congratulations!
                            I'm very happy for you Nicole ^^
                            Best wishes.

Comment

That's a beautiful ring, Nicole. Congratulations to you both!
                              My heart belongs to a pilot!
                              ~*~
                              ~*~
                              [/center]

Comment

Working...
                              X