Little book of love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little book of love

I didn't know if I should put this here or in the vets. *Sigh* Here's good.

So, when my mum got married, she carried a bible. A tiny white one that I assume was specifically designed for the purpose. There seem to be a lot of types of bibles.
    Anyway, I always liked that. I have always thought the boquet of flowers thing was lame, even though I understand where the tradition came from and such.

Being engaged, I've been thinking "what do I want to carry down the asile?" and not being Christian, a bible would be hipocritical. Now, Wicca doesn't have a holy book, unless you want to count the gospel of Aradia, which I just started reading but it appears to be utter nonesense (fake!).

Soooo, I'm going to attempt to make my own book, like I used to in my teen years haha. I want to include little poems, quotes, song lyrics... I think I might ask our families to donate one picture from each of their wedding days too.

This is where you come in. I consider many of you here to be friends. <3 But sadly, being from all over the world it's not practical for you to come to my wedding. I was hoping some of you might like to donate/suggest your fave marriage related quotes, songs, advice, or whatever. It could be anything, I don't want to limit your creativity!

I don't have a printer! I have to write it out by hand for the most part, so short-ish pieces are best (under 1000 words).

Additionally, I was hoping some of you might like to write me/us a letter and mail it to me, so I can glue it in. IM me and I'll give you my address if you want to do this and I don't think you're a creepy stalker.

Anyone want to help with my little project? It could be fun! Please?
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Man I think that sounds awesome!! I think a really neat idea would be to make your own book by making your own pages. You can use old newspapers, maps, painted paper, whatever and then fold them all together and staple them. I really, really enjoy books that have interesting pages. I think doing that would be cool and then printing the poems, letters, etc on white paper and gluing them on the nifty pages. Good luck!!

Comment

I can dig it I have a whole journal of these things, so I hope you don't mind if I throw out some that I feel are relative

" The source of all my happiness and the one i want to share it with " - Will Grayson Will Grayson, by John Green

" You were my new dream " - Tangled the movie ( hahaha corny I know but soooo romantic )

" The pleasure isn't owning the person, the pleasure is this: having another contender in the room with you " - Philip Roth, The Human Stain

Comment

I already replied to your blog cause I somehow managed to miss this thread

Anyway, great idea!

Comment

My all time favorite quote:

"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."

- From Captain Corelli's Mandolin.

I am sure I will find more too

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I tried this morning to reply to this thread but server sent an error as I clicked Post, lol. Time for second try, whoot. xD

I like the way you want to put together an old custom with your own personality and conceptions.
            And here are 2 quotes I like: "What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility." by George Levinger and this is one is somewhat funny, like a double-edged blade xD "Love is blind, but marriage restores its sight."

Comment

Yay thank you all, some of these are just brilliant, please keep them coming. I <3 this place.
              I especially like the one with the tree ^^;

Comment

These song lyrics are my fave:
                I Like the Way This is Going by Eels

I like your toothy smile,
                it never fails to beguile.
                Whichever way the wind is blowing
                I like the way this is going.

I like the color of your hair,
                I think we make a handsome pair.
                I can only see my love growing
                I like the way this is going

I like to watch TV with you,
                there's really nothing i would rather do.
                Then maybe we can go to bed,
                get up and do it all again.

I like the way your pants fit,
                how you stand and how you sit,
                whatever seeds that you're sowing,

I don't care about the past,
                none of it was made to last,
                it's not what who you've known,
                but who you're knowing,

I like the way this is going

First Met Online: October 2010
                First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

I'm in love with the Alchemist. I've read it so many times, and have highlighted all my favorite quotes. I feel like anytime I'm feeling anything but happy I can look in that book and find something to make sense of my situation. So I searched through and found some of my favorite lovey dovey quotes:

"One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving."
                  "The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world, and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon."
                  "...there is one great truth on this planet: whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something, its because that desire originated in the soul of the universe. Its your mission on earth."

Comment

I have found a new one I really like!

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness - and call it love."

Gotta have a bit of Dr Seuss in your life

Comment

Nicole, I wrote that on a card and stuck it on the fridge for Obi not two weeks ago, then completely forgot it. It's great, never knew it was Dr. Seuss tho!

Buying the book today to start this project

Comment

Aw thats SUCH a sweet idea!

I know I've not been here as long as some of you guys so hopefully you wont think I'm weird and creepy for wanting to contribute?

This is one of my fav love quotes. Its so simple and so true:

"Love one another and you will be happy; it is as simple and as difficult as that."
                        Michael Leunig

And another (I forgot who said it though. I want to say zsa zsa gabore (cant spell) or similar but not certian)

"Never go to bed angry - stay up and fight"

Of course it misses out the best bit: "Because going to sleep resolved is better than going to sleep alone"
                        Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                          Nicole, I wrote that on a card and stuck it on the fridge for Obi not two weeks ago, then completely forgot it. It's great, never knew it was Dr. Seuss tho!

Buying the book today to start this project
                          I didn't know either, I was googling non-religious readings today and I came across it- I was surprised when I saw who wrote it I found "The Lovely Love Story" by Edward Monkton too- it's the cutest poem ever, but it's quite long to write out by hand; I think I'm printing it off and forcing my best man to read it for us haha

Comment

Originally posted by London-FortCollins View Post
                            Aw thats SUCH a sweet idea!

I know I've not been here as long as some of you guys so hopefully you wont think I'm weird and creepy for wanting to contribute?

This is one of my fav love quotes. Its so simple and so true:

"Love one another and you will be happy; it is as simple and as difficult as that."
                            Michael Leunig

And another (I forgot who said it though. I want to say zsa zsa gabore (cant spell) or similar but not certian)

"Never go to bed angry - stay up and fight"

Of course it misses out the best bit: "Because going to sleep resolved is better than going to sleep alone"
                            You've been here practially forever! And thanks for contributing ^^;

Nicole: I shall google it! And see if really long is too long. If it is, well, we don't have readings set in stone yet...

Comment

Aw thanks Zephii

Edward Monkton is amazing! I LOVE his stuff! That will be such a cute reading to have Nicole! https://www.edwardmonkton.com/ There is a slightly shortened version of the Lovely Love story that is used on greetings cards and stuff.
                              Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Working...
                              X