Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He proposed! Now he's ignoring me, what gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He proposed! Now he's ignoring me, what gives?

Well, I'm really confused. He proposed and for about 3 months everything was fine. Then I noticed he started pulling back. Now I barely get a call or a text if I'm lucky. When I question him about it, he gets very angry and defensive. I've not pressured him, but we started making plans so maybe that scared him. He got really negative about the what ifs which I suppose is common. Well, I broke off the wedding date because he started hemming and hawing about slowing down and being cautious and getting to know each other, really??? I suppose we are still engaged, who knows because I certainly don't. We've talked at length previously about long distance relationships and we both know the amount of work it takes. But I am being ignored and it really seems like it's on purpose and I really don't know what to do. Not sure what I did to be treated this way except love him and I'm beginning to wonder if there is someone else.....

Maybe he just got a little scared once the two of you started talking about getting married, etc? At any rate, it isn't fair to you for him to ignore you and the only thing I can say for you to do is confront him about it. Ask him if the two of you are still engaged, what brought on this change, and why he is ignoring you. I know he might get angry or defensive, but these are questions you need to know the answer to.

Comment

Maybe he realized he just isn't ready, you don't mention your ages, but if you're young that could really be the case. If you aren't, then he's acting very immaturely and if I were you I'd question if you shouldn't hold off a bit anyway. If he won't tell you what the problem is, that's not a good indicator for marriage and he's being terribly unfair to you. Good luck.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

It sounds like he's probably just getting scared and worrying. You should try to get him to have a serious talk with you about it and tell him how you feel. Tell him that yo utwo don't have to rush into it and I mean people stay engaged for long amounts of time! I had a friend who stayed engaged for 7 years before getting married!!
        sigpic
        We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
        Second Visit-12.17.11
        Closed the distance-06.20.12

Comment

Im sorry you are having to go through this! It definitely seems like he is nervous, scared, anxious etc. Maybe you should let him know that you are not rushing and you are ready whenever he is. It sucks to be ignored, he should be doing that to you cause thats never good for a LDR!

Comment

Working...
          X