Parents >:o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents >:o

I just recently got engaged and my fiance and I aren't really into the big wedding thing. In fact we would rather just go to the courthouse get married and have a nice honeymoon. I want to spend as much time with him before he has to go back as possible. I was never into spending a bunch of money on a wedding anyways.

but .....

Good ol' dad wants to see his daughter walk down the aisle and have some big outrageous wedding. I don't care to fork out all the cash that will consist of and its not exactly easy to plan a wedding in four months anyways. Were not even sure when he will be able to yet, we just know of the month. Two of my brothers just had a courthouse wedding due to timing as well (there in the USN and USMC). He didn't pitch a fit about them not having one...(lol) I don't want to disappoint my dad, but I just don't know how to handle the situation.

I just want to be with my babee, thats all... I don't have to have a big wedding ceremony, its just a necessity

Its YOUR wedding so do what you want. Its not your Dads wedding, I can understand him wanting to walk her girl down the isle though. Can he come to the court house with you? Perhaps you could compromise. My friend had her wedding at her house. Had about 10 close family members and some sandwich trays for after the ceremony. It's cheap but also very simple and inexpensive. Is he willing to contribute any money?

Comment

My dad doesn't even live in the same state as I do, but I wouldn't mind at all if he were to go to the court house. Money wise... I'm not even sure. I was so annoyed that I didn't even want to deal with it so I put my mom back on the phone. lol My mom told me just to take a day or two and let things dye down, I was just extremely frustrated with the situation because I hate disappointing my parents and since it was our "wedding day", I didn't think that he would have reacted the way he did. I am stubborn and hard headed just like him, but I am willing to compromise.

Comment

I am the same way as you. I am not one of those girls who had the idea of her perfect dress or any idea of my wedding. I just wanted to make it official that this is my man for life. But it was actually my husband who wanted to do something a little more personal. Since He was prepearing to deploy we had to move fast and had a small ceremony with his parents and my siblings (who drove 12 hrs to surprise me). I was so happy It was just what I would have wanted.

Good luck and as some other posters said: Put you first..it's your day
        " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
        Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

My dad's the same way, and I'm his only daughter. Both my boyfriend and I want a tiny wedding, but that does not look like it's going to happen judging by the way our families are. We're still going to keep it as small and as intimate as a ceremony/reception can be.

It is your day, if you absolutely want a courthouse wedding tell your dad he's more than welcome to walk you through those courthouse doors.

Comment

It's your wedding so it should be what you and your fiance wants. If you want to please you dad, maybe you can come to a compromise? If your dad can pay some of the cost of the wedding and you can still have a small one and he would get to walk you down the aisle.

My family would want me to have a big wedding in the NYC/NJ area but if/when I get married it would be what my fiance and I want.
            sigpic

Comment

I got a wild hair up my rear end and decided that I wanted to have an actual ceremony. My SO is glad to.. ass he couldn't have just said that in the first place. lol

Comment

Working...
              X